Managing finances in the world of sport is still an important challenge for many executives. Healthy financial planning and knowledge of financing options are essential when deciding how to manage a sports organization successfully. This specialized course in Barcelona offers an introduction to the aspects of financial management and the tools you can apply as a manager of a sports organization.
The main objective of the Course in Financial Management in Sport Organizations is to understand the basic principles of financial management applied to the sports sector. You’ll be trained in the use of financial planning tools that will help you in your responsibility as an executive/director of a sports organization.
- To understand and know how to interpret the financial statements of a sports organization (balance sheet, income account, cash flow).
- To develop economic and financial assessment of business projects in sport.
- To know the different institutions and public and private financing mechanisms.
- To learn to recognize and use all available financial resources.
- To use advanced financial information systems to support business decision-making.
You have the option of studying this course and other specialized courses (in any modality), earning credits until obtaining the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (32 ECTS), the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS), or the Postgraduate Diploma in Sponsorship (23 ECTS), or even until obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS) or the Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in financial management in sport organizations.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in financial management in sport organizations.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of financial management in the sports sector.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSIn order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The program has 8 credits (ECTS) distributed over several teaching sessions and 2 visits to sports facilities.
CONTENT I ECONOMIC-FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS – 4 ECTS
- Finance and sport management
- Interpretation of financial reports
- Analysis of financial statements
- Financial planning
II INVESTMENT & FINANCING MECHANISMS – 4 ECTS
- Project investment and assessment
Certificate for the Course in Financial Management in Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning and technological environments.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert professors and professionals from the industry.
- Collaborative tools, group work, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: approaches training from the business sector to the sports industry.
- Learning based on experience: designed to improve professionalism.
||Dra. Núria MasferrerPh.D in Economics and Business from the University of Barcelona. Member of the Research Group of Economics and Uncertainty Management from UB, credited as an emerging research group by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the CEO group of the School of Maresme -UPF. Specialization in Business Financing.|
||Dr. Josep Torres PrunyonosaDoctor in Actuarial and Financial Sciences. Master in Equity Markets and Derivatives. Specialist in banking, rating of sporting bodies and ethics in finance. Associate Professor of EAE Business School, Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) and EUNCET.|
||Marcos Reinado Degree in Physical Activity and Sport by INEFC Barcelona. Postgraduate in Financial Management of Sports entities by the UB. Postgraduate in Financial Management and MBA by EUNCET (UPC). Management in Public Administration (FGAP) by ESADE. He worked as Sports counselor for the municipalities of Calafell and Matadepera, Manager in the Catalan Association of Professional Sport Managers (ACGEP), Board Member and Director of the magazine Management Esportiu in the Catalan Association of Professional Sport Managers. He is currently Partner-Director of SESPAC, SL, Partner-Director of Gempro Serveis d’Assessorament SL, and professor at Universitat de Vic and Universitat Ramon Llull.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Financial Management in Sport Organizations, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
ALUMNI AND NETWORKINGThe Johan Cruyff Institute gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students , alumni, faculty and members of the global network, and share your passion for sport and your professional experience with others. We promote and facilitate continuous academic training. Our community is in this sense, a network of social and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sport and business sectors.
Classes take place at the Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona, located in the upper part of the city. The building, dating from the 20th century, offers a learning space with natural light and access to the garden to enjoy networking between sessions. The lectures will be held in a multipurpose SMART classroom which facilitates the agility and flexibility of the sessions.
- Academic degree: Certificate for the Course in Financial Management in Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 3 months. 8 ECTS
- Start: January 13, 2017
- End: March 31, 2017
On campus classes: Friday from 3.30pm to 5.00pm (In addition, this course will have some hours online)
Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona
Pomaret 8, 08017 Barcelona
- Modality: Blended. Also available online in English and Spanish
- Language: Spanish
- Price: € 1,120.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course. Limited seats available
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.