The world of sport is changing continuously, creating new scenarios that test their leaders. The ability to lead these changes will be critical to sport organizations that aspire to be part of this new framework. This specialized course introduces you to the concepts of leadership and innovation so you can apply them in your job as a leader of change.
The main objective of the Course in Innovation & Leadership in Sport Organizations is to understand the basic principles of leadership development and innovation in sport. You will learn the management skills you’ll need in your responsibility as a manager/director of a sports organization.
- To know and apply the principles of human resources management
- To understand the cultural background of your staff
- To lead the process of managing change in a sports organization
- To be effective in your communication
- To manage strategic innovation processes
- To align resources, skills and abilities to put innovation into practice
You have the option of studying this course and other specialized courses (in any modality), earning credits to obtain the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (32 ECTS), or even until obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in innovation and leadership in sport organizations.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized knowledge about innovation and leadership in sport organizations.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of innovation and leadership in the sports sector.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSIn order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The program has 8 credits (ECTS), distributed over several teaching sessions and 2 out-of-class activities (visits to sports facilities).
CONTENT I MANAGING & LEADING SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS – 4 ECTS
- Leadership and people development
- Meet the members of the team
- Training and teamwork
- Management and leadership styles
- Communication styles
II ENTREPRENEURSHIP & INNOVATION IN SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS – 4 ECTS
- Innovative business
- Management and value creation model
- Management of innovation processes
- Expanding the business: generation of change
Certificate for the Course in Innovation & Leadership in Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
||Dr. Marc BernardichPh.D in Creation, Direction and Management of SMEs, Autonomous University of Barcelona. Responsible for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University Foundation of Bages. Executive Director of Basketball Manresa SAE. CEO Neòfit. Own consulting company that does creation and conceptualization of New Innovative Projects.|
||Yolanda TarangoIndustrial Engineer. Superior School of Industrial Engineering of Terrassa. Member – Director (design products and services) for the company DOBAJU, SL (Health management). Associate professor of UAB and Barcelona Activa among others. She was CEO of Management Services and Solutions for Corporations, Businesses and Individuals, SL (UNNIM Group).|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Innovation and Leadership in Sport Organizations, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
ALUMNI AND NETWORKINGThe Johan Cruyff Institute gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students , alumni, faculty and members of the global network, and share your passion for sport and your professional experience with others. We promote and facilitate continuous academic training. Our community is, in this sense, a network of personal, social and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sport and business sectors.
Classes take place at the Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona, located in the upper part of the city. The building, dating from the 20th century, offers a learning space with natural light and access to the garden to enjoy networking between sessions. The lectures will be held in a multipurpose SMART classroom which facilitates the agility and flexibility of the sessions.
- Academic degree: Certificate for the Course in Innovation & Leadership in Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 2 months. 8 ECTS
- Start: September 23, 2016
- End: November 4, 2016
On campus classes: Friday from 5.15pm to 8.30pm (In addition, this course will have some hours online)
Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona
Pomaret 8, 08017 Barcelona
- Modality: Blended. Also available online in English and Spanish
- Language: Spanish
- Price: € 1,120.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course. Limited seats available
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.