Around 150,000 sporting events are celebrated annually around the world. In each country, city or municipality other amateur sporting events, professional or semi professional are added. The organization of these events lies in the hands of professionals whose challenge is to optimize the management of resources through rigorous planning, and have the necessary time and flexibility to respond to unforeseen circumstances.
This specialized course will introduce you to the field of sport event management as a future organizer / professional.
The main objective of the Course in Sports Event Management is to educate you in the application of operational management tools you will need in your responsibility as a sport event manager.
- To know and apply the organizational principles of a sport event.
- To understand and put aspects of the financial management of a sport event into practice.
- To know how to select and manage professional collaborators and/or volunteers necessary.
- To obtain and align available resources for a sport event.
- To apply methods of assessing a sport event and identify aspects that can be further improved.
You have the option of studying this course and other specialized courses (in any modality), earning credits until obtaining the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS), or even until obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS) or the Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport event management.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in sport event management.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of sport event management.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSIn order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The program has 7 credits (ECTS), distributed over several teaching sessions and 2 out-of-class activities (visits to companies and sports facilities).
CONTENT SPORTS EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Sports event management: processes and operational areas
- Elaboration and tracking of the economic budget of an event
- Event assessment and improvement
- Risk management
- Volunteer management
Certificate for the Course in Sports Event Management from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
||David Hidalgo Degree in Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). Master in Business Administration (ESADE Business School). International MBA Program Canada (Schulich School of Business, York University). Human Resources Executive Program, USA (Cornell University), General Directorate Program (IESE Business School). Corporate Director, Soldeu Ski Resort – Granvalira.|
||Agustín Riviére Degree in Economics and Business, Universitat de Barcelona. Chartered Auditor member, General Directorate Program (IESE Business School). Certified Trainer by Dale Carnegie University. He has been General Manager at RPM Racing and currently works as trainer at Dale Carnegie Spain. During his career he has directed several sport events, such as Zurich Barcelona Marathon, Half Marathon of Barcelona eDreams, Ciclepic or L’Etape Barcelona-Andorra. He is currently organizing and leading sports and entertainment events like the Disney Magic Run held in Madrid and Barcelona.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Sports Event Management, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between professors, tutors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
ALUMNI AND NETWORKING The Johan Cruyff Institute gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students, alumni and members of our global network, and share your passion for sport and professional experience with them. We promote and facilitate continuous academic training. Our community is in this sense, a social network of professional relationships, and its influence expands to the sports and business sectors.
Classes take place at the Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona, located in the upper part of the city. The building, dating from the 20th century, offers a learning space with natural light and access to the garden to enjoy networking between sessions. The lectures will be held in a multipurpose SMART classroom which facilitates the agility and flexibility of the sessions.
- Academic degree: Certificate for the Course in Sports Event Management from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 2 months. 7 ECTS
- Start: March 2018
On campus classes: Friday from 3.30pm to 7.00pm (In addition, this course will have some hours online)
Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona
Pomaret 8, 08017 Barcelona
- Modality: Blended. Also available online in English and Spanish
- Language: Spanish
- Price: € 1,120.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course. Limited seats available
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.