- Degree: Certificate for the Course in Sports Event Management from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 10 weeks. 8 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: September 2, 2019
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 1,016.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
Around 150,000 sporting events are celebrated annually around the world. In each country, city or municipality other sporting events, professional or semi professional, can be added. The organization of these events lies in the hands of professionals whose challenge is to optimize the management of resources through rigorous planning, and have the necessary time and flexibility to respond to unforeseen circumstances. This specialized 10-week course will introduce you to the field of sport event management as a future organizer / professional.
The main objective of the Course in Sports Event Management is to educate you in the application of operational management tools you will need in your responsibility as a sport event manager. LEARNING OUTCOMES
- To know and apply the organizational principles of a sport event.
- To understand and put aspects of the financial management of a sport event into practice.
- To know how to select and manage professional collaborators and/or volunteers.
- To obtain and align available resources for a sport event.
- To apply methods of assessing a sport event and identify aspects that can be further improved.
You have the option of studying this course and other specialized courses, earning credits until obtaining the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS), or even until obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS) or the Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport event management. It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in sport event management.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of sport event management.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS In order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete. ADMISSION PROCEDURE Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The course has 7 credits, distributed over 10 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
CONTENT SPORTS EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Event types
- Organization models
- Event phases
- Economic management
- Event marketing
- Personnel & Volunteers
- Risk Management
ACADEMIC CERTIFICATION Certificate for the Course in Sports Event Management from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program. Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
||David HidalgoDegree in Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). Master in Business Administration (ESADE Business School). International MBA Program Canada (Schulich School of Business, York University). Human Resources Executive Program, USA (Cornell University), General Directorate Program (IESE Business School). Corporate Director, Soldeu Ski Resort – Granvalira.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Sports Event Management, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
The platform has been designed so you can comfortably navigate through the various areas and enjoy the offers that most interest or adapt to the needs of alumni at any given time. In the Learning Area, you will find resources that will allow you to keep up with the latest trends in the sector, participate in our webinars or access pre-recorded academic sessions, as well as many other resources.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute platform’s Networking section provides a meeting point for alumni to get in touch, share experiences, network, discuss ideas and create positive synergies for the benefit of all. Those who play in this ‘League’ will enjoy the Cruyff Alumni Club, where all Alumni members (organized by center) will have at their disposal numerous academic and leisure activities and events organized in the different countries.
In a later stage, the Alumni Cruyff Institute will offer platform members support in managing their professional development through the Career Services section (job offers and internships). There will also soon be the Cruyff Alumni Shop, an online store where you can purchase official Johan Cruyff Institute products exclusively.