In today’s world, marketing and communications have great relevance. Every day, thousands of unique and specialized apps appear which have a high differential value. This same specialization and rigor is being applied to educating sport marketing professionals. This innovative course will provide a first mover advantage to all those marketing professionals the sports industry includes.
The main objective of the Course in Sport Marketing is to understand marketing fundamentals and apply them to sport management. After the course you’ll know how to use operational marketing tools that will improve your results as a sport marketing professional.
- To know analysis and diagnostic tools for market research.
- To know, analyze and assess strategies for the development, launching and positioning of new products.
- To analyze and assess marketing strategies for the internationalization of sports activity.
- To have a good command of technological tools for the exploitation of business resources through Marketing.
- To know, analyze and assess the role of digital communities and social media in sports business.
- To know basic digital marketing tools.
You have the option of studying this course and other specialized courses (in any modality), earning credits until obtaining the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (32 ECTS) or the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS), or even until obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS) or the Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport marketing.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in sport marketing.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of sport marketing.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSIn order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The program has 8 credits (ECTS), distributed over several teaching sessions and 3 out-of-class activities (visits to sports facilities).
- Introduction to sport marketing
- Scope of sport marketing
- Internal marketing, stakeholders and consumers of the sports industry
- Sports marketing environments and markets
- The competition
- Sports marketing strategy
- Media policies
- Public relations in sports policy
- The media
- Marketing and communication 2.0 and social media
Certificate for the Course in Sport Marketing from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning and technological environments.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert professors and professionals from the industry.
- Collaborative tools, group work, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: approaches training from the business sector to the sports industry.
- Learning based on experience: designed to improve professionalism.
||Raúl CiprésAssociate professor at Blaquerna (URL), EAE Business School, TecnoCampus Mataró (UPF). Partner at CreativiaLab. Managing Partner at InfinitC (Mexico City, Caracas and Lisbon). Member of the Board of Directors of Club Joventut Badalona. He has been the Marketing Director of Real Club Deportivo Espanyol and Real Club de Polo de Barcelona, among others.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Sport Marketing, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
ALUMNI & NETWORKINGThe Johan Cruyff Institute gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students, alumni, faculty and members of the global network, and share your passion for sport and your professional experience with others. We promote and facilitate continuous academic training. Our community is, in this sense, a network of personal, social and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sport and business sectors.
Classes take place at the Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona, located in the upper part of the city. The building, dating from the 20th century, offers a learning space with natural light and access to the garden to enjoy networking between sessions. The lectures will be held in a multipurpose SMART classroom which facilitates the agility and flexibility of the sessions.
- Academic degree: Certificate for the Course in Sport Marketing from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 3 months 8 ECTS
- Start: January 13, 2017
- End: March 31, 2017
On campus classes: Friday from 5.15pm to 6.45pm (In addition, this course will have some hours online)
Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona
Pomaret 8, 08017 Barcelona
- Modality: Blended. Also available online in English and Spanish
- Language: Spanish
- Price: € 1,120.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course. Limited seats available
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.