In today’s world, marketing and communications have great relevance. Every day, thousands of unique and specialized apps appear which have a high differential value. This same specialization and rigor is being applied to educating sport marketing professionals. This innovative 10-week course will provide a first mover advantage to all those marketing professionals the sports industry includes.
The main objective of the Course in Sport Marketing is to understand the marketing concepts and apply them to sport management. After the course you’ll know how to use operational marketing tools that will improve your results as a sport marketing professional.
- To know analysis and diagnostic tools for market research.
- To know, analyze and assess strategies for the development, launching and positioning of new products.
- To analyze and assess marketing strategies for the internationalization of sports activity.
- To have a good command of technological tools for the exploitation of business resources through marketing.
- To know, analyze and assess the role of digital communities and social media in sports business.
- To know basic digital marketing tools.
You have the option of studying this course and other specialized courses, earning credits until obtaining the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (32 ECTS) or the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS), or even until obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS) or the Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport marketing.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in sport marketing.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of sport marketing.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSIn order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 8 credits (ECTS), spread over 10 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
CONTENT SPORTS MARKETING
- Introduction to sport marketing
- Scope of sport marketing
- Internal marketing, stakeholders and consumers of the sports industry
- Sports marketing environments and markets
- The competition
- Sports marketing strategy
- Media policies
- Public relations in sports policy
- The media
- Marketing and communication 2.0 and social media
Certificate for the Course in Sport Marketing from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
||Dr. Marc BernardichPh.D in Creation, Direction and Management of SMEs, Autonomous University of Barcelona. Responsible for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University Foundation of Bages. Executive Director of Basketball Manresa SAE. CEO Neòfit. Own consulting company that does creation and conceptualization of New Innovative Projects.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Sport Marketing, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
ALUMNI AND NETWORKINGThe Johan Cruyff Institute gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students , alumni, faculty and members of the global network, and share your passion for sport and your professional experience with others. We promote and facilitate continuous academic training. Our community is in this sense, a network of social and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sport and business sectors.
- Academic degree: Certificate for the Course in Sport Marketing from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 10 weeks. 8 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: September 18, 2017
- Modality: Online. Also available blended in Barcelona (Spanish)
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 1,000.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.