The sports industry offers many business opportunities and challenges for managers of sport organizations. Knowledge in areas of management such as strategic planning, analysis of the sector and strategic decision-making is key to managing successful sports entities.
This 10-week course introduces you to the key aspects of strategic management to apply them in your responsibility as a (future) executive or manager in the world of sports.
The main objective of the Course in Strategic Management of Sport Organizations is to understand the basic principles of strategic management applied to the sports sector.
- To know how to analyze the structure of an industry and the trends in its environment to determine their potential.
- To understand and apply the elements of the strategic planning process.
- To learn how companies can develop sustainable competitive advantages.
- To understand the creation of competitive advantages through business models.
- To understand the basic principles of strategic management at the corporate level.
- To know the most relevant frameworks that help management implement a strategy and manage change.
You have the option of studying this course and other specialized courses, earning credits towards obtaining the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (32 ECTS), or even towards obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport management.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in the management of sport organizations.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of the management of the sports sector.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS In order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 8 credits (ECTS), spread over 10 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
CONTENT STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT OF SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
- The definition of strategy
- Strategic planning
- Analysis of the sector
- Law applied to sport
- Management strategies
- Vision of the company based on resources
- Creating sustainable competitive advantage
Certificate for the Course in Strategic Management of Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
||Lorenzo MurielLaw degree from the Complutense University of Madrid, Official Master’s in Strategic Planning and Control of Senior Management from Camilo José Cela University. PNL Practitioner by the Institut Gestalt. Currently studying a an Ph.D at UPC-Bocconi. Partner – founder of METS (Metabolic Energy Training System). He has been director of the Master’s in HR and director of corporate training at EAE Business School.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSThe online training takes place in an Open Campus environment through our virtual learning platform based on a learning by doing methodology, using exercises, case studies and projects. The virtual campus provides a learning environment rich in learning tools that promote the study and use of the online library, case studies, chats, web links, self-assessment exercises, videos, master classes, etc. It will allow you to do your own academic monitoring from anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day.
ALUMNI AND NETWORKINGThe Johan Cruyff Institute gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students , alumni, faculty and members of the global network, and share your passion for sport and your professional experience with others. We promote and facilitate continuous academic training. Our community is in this sense, a network of social and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sport and business sectors.
- Academic degree: Certificate for the Course in Strategic Management of Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 10 weeks. 8 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: May 1, 2017
- Modality: Online. Also available blended in Barcelona (Spanish)
- Language: Spanish and English
- Price: € 1,000.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.