Football is quite possibly the most powerful most popular sport in the world; linking communities, moving emotions and breaking down cultural barriers. Football has also become one of the most profitable industries, with significant economic impact to infrastructure development, sponsorships, TV rights and transfers of players.
The training of professionals engaged in football business and administration is key to greater professionalism in the sector. This postgraduate in football business program provides you with the appropriate tools and knowledge for your development as a professional in the world of football.
The main objective of the Postgraduate Diploma in Football Business is to educate you in the proper use of management tools for organizations linked to football. You’ll develop abilities to recognize business opportunities, establish strategies, anticipate changes and optimize resources.
- To understand and apply the strategic, global and objective vision to the football industry from a business perspective.
- To master the skills necessary to obtain the best results in the management of professional football teams.
- To interpret the financial statements of a football organization and create financing strategies for new projects.
- To master the management processes of a sport facility and event organization.
- To understand and apply new marketing and sponsorship tools applied to football.
Postgraduate Diploma in Football Business is for you if:
- You’re working in the football industry (footballer, coach, technical staff or manager) and are looking for education in football management to give your professional career a boost.
- You’re working in a business environment and want to specialize in the football industry.
- You’re passionate about football and want specialized education to devote yourself professionally to this sector.
Those who have completed this Postgraduate program are currently working in:
- Sports Competition (professional football clubs)
- Governance (football federations and associations)
- Football Facilities & Events (tournament organizers, sports clubs)
- Community-based Football (foundations, municipalities)
- Sports Consultancy (business initiatives)
- Intermediation Services (agencies, player’s representation)
- Sports Journalism (media)
- Marketing & Sponsorship (private and public companies)
To be admitted, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Have at least 3 years experience in the football world.
- Have developed a career as a professional football player, coach or referee.
Please complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. Your form will be submitted to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate if your achievements as well as your aspirations and motivations in pursuing this degree, are in line with the objectives of the program. The admission procedure may include a personal interview with the program manager. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The curriculum of the Postgraduate Diploma in Football Business has 30 ECTS (credits). The program consists of 6 modules that cover all key areas of football business and management. Each module has a number of teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT IN FOOTBALL
- The definition of strategy
- Strategic planning
- Analysis of the sector
- Management strategies in football
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN FOOTBALL
- Budget preparation & interpretation
- Investment and assessment of companies & football clubs
- Interpretation of financial reports
LEADERSHIP & TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Leadership styles
- Talent development
- Organization culture from an international perspective
- Change management
- Corporate social responsibility
MARKETING IN FOOTBALL
- Marketing vs. Sports marketing
- Principles of marketing
- Sports marketing strategies & plans
- Advertising & communication
FACILITY & EVENT MANAGEMENT
- The tender procedure
- Sports facility management
- Sporting event organization
- Volunteer management
- Economic balance of a sporting event
- Strategic analysis and suggested improvements for a football club
- Economic-financial planning of a football tournament
- Human resources development in a football club
- Football tournament design (global or in sports operations)
Postgraduate Diploma in Football Business from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Football Business puts you at the center of your education through a learning-by-doing methodology. We encourage collaborative work and transfer the content to specific situations in football business (connective teaching methodologies and social constructivism). Our faculty of expert professors and tutors will guide you in the learning process, providing high quality training combined with the flexibility of online study.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The teachers of the Johan Cruyff Institute are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Postgraduate Diploma in Football Business, you’ll have exclusive access to our learning platform which allows you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between professors, tutors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books, articles, cases, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
ALUMNI & NETWORKINGThe Johan Cruyff Institute gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students , alumni, faculty and members of the global network, and share your passion for sport and your professional experience with others. We promote and facilitate continuous training. Our community is in this sense, a network of social and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sport and business sectors.
CORPORATE INTERNSHIPSOur Corporate Training Program is the natural result of the global network of the Johan Cruyff Institute. Internships are an enriching learning experience for both organizations and for students. They contribute to the professional development of the company, and offer students the opportunity to access businesses related to sports, to live the reality of a sport organization and acquire new practical skills and knowledge.
CAREER SERVICESThe Johan Cruyff Institute allows a bridge between potential candidates and the corporate sector linked to sport. Organizations and companies in the sports sector with job vacancies contact us looking for “sports-minded” candidates. The Johan Cruyff Institute selects and contacts qualified profiles within our network. Jobs and new projects in the sports sector are also announced through our various channels.
- Academic degree: Postgraduate Diploma in Football Business from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 7 months. 30 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: March 13, 2017
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 4.750,- Euros
- Payment methods: Payment by installments available
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the program
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.