- Qualification: Certificate for the Course in Corporate Social Responsibility in Sport from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 5 weeks. 3 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours)
- Start: September 5, 2023
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 658.- (Fees for the academic year 2023-24)
- Special conditions: Discount for members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
In recent years, corporate social responsibility – which goes beyond a company’s legal obligations – has also become an issue in the sports industry. Despite being an industry to which historically no risks have been attributed in terms of unethical behaviors, but rather positive effects on society, its growing commercialism, especially in spectator sports, and a society that is more aware of the need to ensure sustainable development has meant that the notion of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has become increasingly prevalent in the field of sports. Therefore, given the need to have people trained in CSR who have knowledge regarding the world of sport, this module aims to provide students with basic knowledge concerning CSR and to provide tools to enable them implement successful CSR policies adapted to the needs of sports organizations.
The main objective of the course in Corporate Social Responsibility and Sports is to train students in the development, implementation, evaluation and communication of CSR policies in sports organizations.
- Design, implement and evaluate a CSR strategy adapted to the characteristics of the sports organization.
- Identify the main stakeholders of the sports organization, analyze their needs and expectations, and manage the relationships between them.
- Implement a CSR management and regulatory system in the sports organization.
- Develop CSR reports according to existing standards.
The program is aimed at anyone wishing to complement their training with a specialized course in Corporate Social Responsibility within the field of sport.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You are an (ex-)athlete and you require specialist training in CSR applied to sports.
- You are working in the business and/or sports field, and you want to make a qualitative leap in your professional career by acquiring specific knowledge of CSR in the sports industry.
In order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 3 credits (ECTS), distributed over 5 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
ORIGIN AND CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK OF CSR
- Concepts linked to CSR
- Definitions of CSR
- Documents linked to CSR
CSR AND STAKEHOLDERS IN THE WORLD OF SPORT
- Characteristics of CSR in the world of sport
- Origin of CSR in sport
- Dialogue with stakeholders
ORGANIZATION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF CSR
- CSR management systems
- CSR standards
- CSR initiatives
- Development of a CSR strategy
CREATION OF CSR REPORTS
- Type of reports
- Preparation of reports
- Difference between sponsorship and patronage
- Patronage tools
COMMUNICATIONS AND CORPORATE REPUTATION
- Communications and accountability
- Managing corporate reputation
- Measurement indices of corporate reputation
Certificate for the Course in Corporate Social Responsibility in Sport from Johan Cruyff Institute.
TUTORINGThe program will have a professor assigned to it, who will organise the course and share instructions. The professor is responsible for supporting the student throughout the training process and monitoring their progress on the program.
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Corporate Social Responsibility in Sport, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTE
Johan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.