- Degree: Certificate for the Course in Financial Management in Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 10 weeks. 6 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: November 9, 2020
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 1.042.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
Managing finances in the world of sport is still an important challenge for many executives. Healthy financial planning and knowledge of financing options are essential when deciding how to manage a sports organization successfully. This 10-week course will introduce key factors of financial management you can apply daily as a manager of a sports organization.
The main objective of the Course in Financial Management in Sport Organizations is to understand the basic principles of financial management applied to the sports sector. You’ll be educated in the use of financial planning tools that will help you in your responsibility as an executive/director of a sports organization.
- To understand and know how to interpret the financial statements of a sports organization (balance sheet, income account, cash flow).
- To develop economic and financial assessment of business projects in sport.
- To know the different institutions and public and private financing mechanisms.
- To learn to recognize and use all available financial resources.
- To use advanced financial information systems to support business decision-making.
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in financial management in sport organizations.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in financial management in sport organizations.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of financial management in the sports sector.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSIn order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 6 credits (ECTS) distributed over 10 weeks. The course has a number of teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
CONTENT I ECONOMIC-FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
- Finance and sport management
- Interpretation of financial reports
- Analysis of financial statements
II INVESTMENT & FINANCING MECHANISMS
- Financial planning
- Project investment and assessment
Certificate for the Course in Financial Management in Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Financial Management of Sport Organizations, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
The platform has been designed so you can comfortably navigate through the various areas and enjoy the offers that most interest or adapt to the needs of alumni at any given time. In the Learning Area, you will find resources that will allow you to keep up with the latest trends in the sector, participate in our webinars or access pre-recorded academic sessions, as well as many other resources.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute platform’s Networking section provides a meeting point for alumni to get in touch, share experiences, network, discuss ideas and create positive synergies for the benefit of all. Those who play in this ‘League’ will enjoy the Cruyff Alumni Club, where all Alumni members (organized by center) will have at their disposal numerous academic and leisure activities and events organized in the different countries.
In a later stage, the Alumni Cruyff Institute will offer platform members support in managing their professional development through the Career Services section (job offers and internships). There will also soon be the Cruyff Alumni Shop, an online store where you can purchase official Johan Cruyff Institute products exclusively.