- Qualification: Certificate for the Course in Football for Managers from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 5 weeks. 3 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours)
- Start: October 15, 2024
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 664
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
Many watch football (or, depending on where you’re from: soccer) but not many understand all of the elements that contribute to the sport. This course will give students a holistic and inside view of the role of a football or sports director in strategic planning, personnel and player management, daily operations, and other aspects of the sport beyond the game we all know.
From a current former national team coach, students will gain the insight and tools needed to fully understand the game and how to manage operations.
The main objective of the course is to provide future football directors (sports directors) with knowledge of the manager’s role related to different structures and dynamics of clubs.
Students will develop tools to navigate challenges frequently encountered by managers, and develop solutions to address these issues.
- Become familiar with understanding the “game”.
- Acquire a vision of the strategic role of a football executive.
- Understand the main roles of a manager.
- Understand the process of creating a successful ecosystem (manager, staff, coaches, scouts, recruiters).
- Know the operational aspects (technology, tools, software, training methodology) that should be applied.
The program is aimed at those who wish to complement their education with a specialized course in football for (future) managers.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You are an (ex-)athlete who wants to receive specialized education in football management.
- You are working or want to work in the football industry and want to gain a better understanding of the game and acquire a vision of the strategic role of a football executive.
In order to take this course it is recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or football business.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has three credits (ECTS), distributed over five weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one includes a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- Understanding the game.
Roles of a Manager
- Asking the right questions – What coaches, players, and other Staff and resources need?
Long term strategic planning
- Understanding the club’s overall vision.
- Developing a style of play.
- Coaches,trainers, other Staff.
- Scouting, recruiting, trading, and care.
- Training Methodology
Certificate for the Course in Football for Managers from Johan Cruyff Institute.
TUTORINGThe program will have a professor assigned to it, who will organise the course and share instructions. The professor is responsible for supporting the student throughout the training process and monitoring their progress on the program.
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Football for Managers, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTE
Johan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.