- Degree: Certificate for the Course in Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Sport Organizations from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 5 weeks. 3 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours)
- Start: October 12, 2021
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 646.-
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
The economic and social environment is extremely dynamic and volatile, the creation of new businesses or the implementation of constant innovations now represent a clear need more than an opportunity.
This course will look at the main concepts of entrepreneurship and innovation, using current methodologies and dealing with real casuistry of sports institutions.
Provide participants with knowledge and tools in innovation management and the entrepreneurial process of sports institutions.
This course aims to give participants an insight into the main concepts and practices for success at sports organizations.
- Show competitive intelligence to detect signs of change, analyze trends, reactions and strategies of current and/or potential competitors.
- Show skills for business in general and specifically in sport in order to detect new market opportunities that can be transformed into commercial products.
- Develop financial management skills to support business decision-making.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge, experience and learning skills to face the creation of new market opportunities applying the entrepreneurial spirit.
The program is aimed at anyone wishing to complement their training with a specialised course that introduces the elements of innovation and entrepreneurship within the field of sport.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- Business managers and sports managers.
- People who aspire to manage sports entities or who want to work in this area.
In order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 3 credits (ECTS), distributed over 5 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
Innovation: What are we referring to?
- Definition of innovation
- Why is innovation generated?
- When does it occur and why does it cost so much?
- Type of innovation
- Innovation Context: barriers and incentives
- Ten types of innovation
- Blue Ocean Strategy
Innovative Business Models
- What is a business model?
- Osterwalder CANVAS
- Front-end blocks
- Back-end blocks
- Lean Canvas
Organization of Innovation
- Innovative people
- Innovative teams
Innovation and the Customer
- Job to be done
- Pains and gains
- Design thinking
- Open Innovation
- Key elements in innovation
- Type of open innovation
- Determinants of the success and failure of open innovation
- Lean startup
- Who are entrepreneurs?
- Why has the lean startup model come about?
- Lean Startup: Build, Measure, Learn
Certificate for the Course in Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Sport Organizations from Johan Cruyff Institute.
TUTORINGThe program will have a professor assigned to it, who will organise the course and share instructions. The professor is responsible for supporting the student throughout the training process and monitoring their progress on the program.
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Sport Organizations, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTE
Johan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.