- Degree: Certificate for the Course in Introduction to Football Business from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 10 weeks. 6 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours)
- Start: May 18, 2021
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 1.042.-
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
To understand the framework of the football business and the core concepts that underline the behavior of the industry. The course explores the timeline of the development of global football, how the industry has reached the figures of today and the possible paths for the future.
This course aims to amplify the view of the student so she/he can place individual or organization into the context of the market, in order to increase efficiency of actions and planning.
LEARNING OUTCOMESAfter completing the course, participants will:
- Understand the principles of the football business.
- Understand the main stakeholders in football.
- Understand the different interests in football and the consequences for business in general.
- Visualize the competitive and financial framework of football.
- Know the different business models of football clubs.
- Know how to design a basic strategic plan for football clubs of different sizes.
The program is aimed at anyone wishing to complement their training with a specialised course in football business.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- Your aim is to obtain the main concepts related with the aspects of football business.
In order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 6 credits (ECTS), distributed over 10 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
Football and Knowledge
- How to study the football business
The Framework of the Football Business
- The origins of football
- The first phase of development
- The second phase of development
- The third phase of development
- The fourth phase of development
- The fifth phase of development
How to Understand a Football Club
- The four dimensions of a football club
- The governance and finances of a football club
Certificate for the Course in Introduction to Fooball Business from Johan Cruyff Institute.
TUTORINGThe program will have a professor assigned to it, who will organise the course and share instructions. The professor is responsible for supporting the student throughout the training process and monitoring their progress on the program.
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Introduction to Fooball Business, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTE
Johan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.