Around 150,000 sporting events are celebrated annually around the world. In each country, city or municipality other sporting events, professional or semi professional, can be added. The organization of these events lies in the hands of professionals whose challenge is to optimize the management of resources through rigorous planning, and have the necessary time and flexibility to respond to unforeseen circumstances. This specialized 9-week course will introduce you to the field of sport event management as a future organizer / professional.
The main objective of the Course in Sports Event Management is to educate you in the application of operational management tools you will need in your responsibility as a sport event manager. LEARNING OUTCOMES
- To know and apply the organizational principles of a sport event.
- To understand and put aspects of the financial management of a sport event into practice.
- To know how to select and manage professional collaborators and/or volunteers.
- To obtain and align available resources for a sport event.
- To apply methods of assessing a sport event and identify aspects that can be further improved.
You have the option of studying this course and other specialized courses, earning credits until obtaining the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS), or even until obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS) or the Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport event management. It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in sport event management.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of sport event management.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS In order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete. ADMISSION PROCEDURE Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The course has 7 credits, distributed over 10 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- Sports event management: processes and operational areas
- Elaboration and tracking of the economic budget of an event
- Event assessment and improvement
- Risk management
- Volunteer management
ACADEMIC CERTIFICATION Certificate for the Course in Sports Event Management from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program. Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
||David HidalgoDegree in Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). Master in Business Administration (ESADE Business School). International MBA Program Canada (Schulich School of Business, York University). Human Resources Executive Program, USA (Cornell University), General Directorate Program (IESE Business School). Corporate Director, Soldeu Ski Resort – Granvalira.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Sports Event Management, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete. ALUMNI AND NETWORKINGThe Johan Cruyff Institute gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students , alumni, faculty and members of the global network, and share your passion for sport and your professional experience with others. We promote and facilitate continuous academic training. Our community is in this sense, a network of social and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sport and business sectors.
- Academic degree: Certificate for the Course in Sports Event Management from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 10 weeks. 7 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: November 6, 2017
- End: January 28, 2018
- Modality: Online. Also available blended in Barcelona (Spanish)
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 1,000.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.