To optimally manage sports infrastructures, whether they’re sports complexes, public and private sports clubs, gyms and stadiums that require both a strategic and operational vision of the sports organization. This specialized course offers an introduction to the field of sport facility management, and you’ll learn how to apply your management skills.
The main objective of the Course in Sport Facility Management is to educate you in the implementation of operational management tools you will use in your responsibility as a manager of a sport facility.
- To understand and apply the principles of a tender process
- To understand and implement aspects of financial management to a sport facility
- To know how to optimize the internal processes of a sport facility
- To align resources, capabilities and skills of people who collaborate with the facility
- To apply quality control methods to the sport facility’s service
You have the option of studying this course and other specialized courses (in any modality), earning credits until obtaining the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS), or even until obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS) or the Master in Sport Marketing and Sponsorhip (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport facility management.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in sport facility management.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of sport facility management.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSIn order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The program has 7 credits (ECTS), distributed over several teaching sessions and 2 out-of-class activities (visits to sports facilities).
CONTENT SPORTS FACILITY MANAGEMENT
- Process and operational areas management of a facility
- Preparation and monitoring of the financial budget of a facility
- Evaluation of the functionality and service of a facility
- The tender procedure
Certificate for the Course in Sport Facility Management from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
||Óscar GarcíaBachelor of Science in Physical and Sport Activity at INEFC Barcelona. Master’s in Public Management from the University Pompeu Fabra (UPF), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) and ESADE. Director of Atlas Sport Consulting.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Sport Facility Management, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between professors, tutors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
The platform has been designed so you can comfortably navigate through the various areas and enjoy the offers that most interest or adapt to the needs of alumni at any given time. In the Learning Area, you will find resources that will allow you to keep up with the latest trends in the sector, participate in our webinars or access pre-recorded academic sessions, as well as many other resources.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute platform’s Networking section provides a meeting point for alumni to get in touch, share experiences, network, discuss ideas and create positive synergies for the benefit of all. Those who play in this ‘League’ will enjoy the Cruyff Alumni Club, where all Alumni members (organized by center) will have at their disposal numerous academic and leisure activities and events organized in the different countries.
In a later stage, the Alumni Cruyff Institute will offer platform members support in managing their professional development through the Career Services section (job offers and internships). There will also soon be the Cruyff Alumni Shop, an online store where you can purchase official Johan Cruyff Institute products exclusively.
Classes take place at the Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona, located in the upper part of the city. The building, dating from the 20th century, offers a learning space with natural light and access to the garden to enjoy networking between sessions. The lectures will be held in a multipurpose SMART classroom which facilitates the agility and flexibility of the sessions.
- Degree: Certificate for the Course in Sport Facility Management from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 3 months. 7 ECTS
- Start: February 23, 2018
- End: June 1, 2018
On campus classes: Friday morning (In addition, this course will have some hours online)
Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona
Pomaret 8, 08017 Barcelona
- Modality: Blended. Also available online in English and Spanish
- Language: Spanish
- Price: € 980.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course. Limited seats available
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.