- Degree: Certificate for the Course in Sport Facility Management from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 10 weeks. 6 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours)
- Start: May 18, 2021
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 1.042.-
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
To optimally manage sports infrastructures, whether they’re sports complexes, public and private sports clubs, fitness centers and stadiums that require both a strategic and operational vision of the sports organization. This specialized course offers an introduction to the field of sport facility management, and you’ll learn how to apply your management skills.
The main objective of the Course in Sport Facility Management is to educate you in the implementation of operational management tools you will use in your responsibility as a manager of a sport facility.
- To understand and apply the principles of a tender process
- To understand and implement aspects of financial management to a sport facility
- To know how to optimize the internal processes of a sport facility
- To align resources, capabilities and skills of people who collaborate with the facility
- To apply quality control methods to the sport facility’s service
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport facility management.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in sport facility management.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of sport facility management.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS In order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 6 credits (ECTS), distributed over 10 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- Urban planning of sports facilities:
- Sports facilities plans
- Strategic thought in relation to the role sports facilities play in a local sports system
- Functional aspects in the design of a sports facility
- Management models:
- Types and management models for sports facilities
- Factors that affect the sports facilities feasibility
- Types and management models for sports facilities from professional sport
- Management plan of a sports facility:
- Potential demand and activities offer analysis
- Organizational structure of a sports facility
- Management of human resources
- Maintenance management
- Communication and commercialization plan
- Economic and financial study
Certificate for the Course in Sport Facility Management from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
TUTORINGThe program will have a professor assigned to it, who will organise the course and share instructions. The professor is responsible for supporting the student throughout the training process and monitoring their progress on the program.
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Facility Management, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.