To optimally manage sports infrastructures, whether they’re sports complexes, public and private sports clubs, fitness centers and stadiums that require both a strategic and operational vision of the sports organization. This specialized course offers an introduction to the field of sport facility management, and you’ll learn how to apply your management skills.
The main objective of the Course in Sport Facility Management is to educate you in the implementation of operational management tools you will use in your responsibility as a manager of a sport facility.
- To understand and apply the principles of a tender process
- To understand and implement aspects of financial management to a sport facility
- To know how to optimize the internal processes of a sport facility
- To align resources, capabilities and skills of people who collaborate with the facility
- To apply quality control methods to the sport facility’s service
You have the option of studying this course and other specialized courses, earning credits until obtaining the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS), or even until obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS) or the Master in Sport Marketing and Sponsorhip (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport facility management.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in sport facility management.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of sport facility management.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS In order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 7 credits (ECTS), distributed over 10 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- Management processes and operational areas of a facility
- Preparation and monitoring of the financial budget of a facility
- Evaluation of the functionality and service of a facility
- The tender procedure
Certificate for the Course in Sport Facility Management from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The teachers of the Johan Cruyff Institute are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Facility Management, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
ALUMNI AND NETWORKINGThe Johan Cruyff Institute gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students , alumni, faculty and members of the global network, and share your passion for sport and your professional experience with others. We promote and facilitate continuous academic training. Our community is in this sense, a network of social and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sport and business sectors.
- Academic degree: Certificate for the Course in Sport Facility Management from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 9 weeks. 7 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: September 11, 2017
- Modality: Online. Also available blended in Barcelona (Spanish)
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 875.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.