The program is a perfect introduction to the world of the management and administration of sports. You will know how sport organizations are managed properly through real case studies, and work with the basic concepts and skills necessary to learn more about both the strategic and operational aspects of sport management.
The main objective of the Sport Management Fundamentals course is to provide you with the fundamental concepts of sport management and the basic tools of operational management in sports companies and organizations.
- To understand the environment in which sport organizations operate, enterprise operations, their functional areas and instruments for analysis.
- To have a basic vision of strategic management from a business perspective.
- To know, understand and apply basic concepts in sport management.
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport management.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete and need specialized education in the management of sports operations.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of the management of the sports sector.
- You’re a lover of the world of sports and want to learn more about the management and administration of sport organizations.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has a duration of about 60 hours. The maximum time given to complete the program is 4 months. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- Values, mission and vision
- The competitive advantage
- Environmental scanning
- Analysis of the sector
- Internal analysis
- Management styles
- Talent recruitment and retention
- Management of high performance teams
- The sports consumer
- The marketing mix
- The product’s life cycle
- The brand
- Market segmentation
- Sports sponsorship
- Interpretation of financial reports
- Financing in sports
- Investments and project assessment
- Risk management
Certificate for the program Sport Management Fundamentals from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The teachers of the Johan Cruyff Institute are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUS As a student of the Sport Management Fundamentals course, you will have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between teachers and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
ALUMNI AND NETWORKINGThe Johan Cruyff Institute network gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students, alumni and members of our global network, and share your passion for sport and professional experience with them. We promote and facilitate continuous academic training. Our community is in this sense, a network of social and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sports and business sectors.
- Academic degree: Certificate for the program Sport Management Fundamentals from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 4 months. 60 hours
- Start: June 12, 2017
- Modality: Online
- Language: English, Spanish & Dutch
- Price: € 450.- Euros
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.