- Degree: Certificate for the program Sport Management Fundamentals from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 4 months (Weekly dedication of 5-6 hours)
- Start: June 8, 2021
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 525.-
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
The program is a perfect introduction to the world of the management and administration of sports. You will know how sport organizations are managed properly through real case studies, and work with the basic concepts and skills necessary to learn more about both the strategic and operational aspects of sport management.
The main objective of the Sport Management Fundamentals course is to provide you with the fundamental concepts of sport management and the basic tools of operational management in sports companies and organizations.
- To understand the environment in which sport organizations operate, enterprise operations, their functional areas and instruments for analysis.
- To have a basic vision of strategic management from a business perspective.
- To know, understand and apply basic concepts in sport management.
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport management.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete and need specialized education in the management of sports operations.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of the management of the sports sector.
- You’re a lover of the world of sports and want to learn more about the management and administration of sport organizations.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has a weekly dedication of 5-6 hours, during 4 months. The maximum time given to complete the program is 4 months. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- Values, mission and vision
- The competitive advantage
- Environmental scanning
- Analysis of the sector
- Internal analysis
- Management styles
- The incorporation of talent
- The sports consumer
- The marketing mix
- The product’s life cycle
- The brand
- Market segmentation
- Sports sponsorship
- Interpretation of financial reports
- Financing in sports
- Analysis of profits and losses account
- Cash flow versus profits
Certificate for the program Sport Management Fundamentals from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
The program will have a professor assigned to it, who will organise the course and share instructions. The professor will help you to expand your knowledge and keep pace with the course requirements and content.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The teachers of the Johan Cruyff Institute are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUS As a student of the Sport Management Fundamentals course, you will have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between teachers and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.