- Degree: Certificate for the program Sport Management Fundamentals from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 4 months. 60 hours
- Start: June 10, 2019
- Modality: Online
- Language: English and Spanish
- Price: € 495.- Euros
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
The program is a perfect introduction to the world of the management and administration of sports. You will know how sport organizations are managed properly through real case studies, and work with the basic concepts and skills necessary to learn more about both the strategic and operational aspects of sport management.
The main objective of the Sport Management Fundamentals course is to provide you with the fundamental concepts of sport management and the basic tools of operational management in sports companies and organizations.
- To understand the environment in which sport organizations operate, enterprise operations, their functional areas and instruments for analysis.
- To have a basic vision of strategic management from a business perspective.
- To know, understand and apply basic concepts in sport management.
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport management.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete and need specialized education in the management of sports operations.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of the management of the sports sector.
- You’re a lover of the world of sports and want to learn more about the management and administration of sport organizations.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has a duration of about 60 hours. The maximum time given to complete the program is 4 months. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- Values, mission and vision
- The competitive advantage
- Environmental scanning
- Analysis of the sector
- Internal analysis
- Management styles
- Talent recruitment and retention
- Management of high performance teams
- The sports consumer
- The marketing mix
- The product’s life cycle
- The brand
- Market segmentation
- Sports sponsorship
- Interpretation of financial reports
- Financing in sports
- Investments and project assessment
- Risk management
Certificate for the program Sport Management Fundamentals from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The teachers of the Johan Cruyff Institute are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUS As a student of the Sport Management Fundamentals course, you will have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between teachers and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
The platform has been designed so you can comfortably navigate through the various areas and enjoy the offers that most interest or adapt to the needs of alumni at any given time. In the Learning Area, you will find resources that will allow you to keep up with the latest trends in the sector, participate in our webinars or access pre-recorded academic sessions, as well as many other resources.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute platform’s Networking section provides a meeting point for alumni to get in touch, share experiences, network, discuss ideas and create positive synergies for the benefit of all. Those who play in this ‘League’ will enjoy the Cruyff Alumni Club, where all Alumni members (organized by center) will have at their disposal numerous academic and leisure activities and events organized in the different countries.
In a later stage, the Alumni Cruyff Institute will offer platform members support in managing their professional development through the Career Services section (job offers and internships). There will also soon be the Cruyff Alumni Shop, an online store where you can purchase official Johan Cruyff Institute products exclusively.