In today’s world, marketing and communications have great relevance. Every day, thousands of unique and specialized apps appear which have a high differential value. This same specialization and rigor is being applied to educating sport marketing professionals. This innovative course will provide a first mover advantage to all those marketing professionals the sports industry includes.
The main objective of the Course in Sport Marketing is to understand marketing fundamentals and apply them to sport management. After the course you’ll know how to use operational marketing tools that will improve your results as a sport marketing professional.
- To know analysis and diagnostic tools for market research.
- To know, analyze and assess strategies for the development, launching and positioning of new products.
- To analyze and assess marketing strategies for the internationalization of sports activity.
- To have a good command of technological tools for the exploitation of business resources through Marketing.
- To know, analyze and assess the role of digital communities and social media in sports business.
- To know basic digital marketing tools.
You have the option of studying this course and other specialized courses (in any modality), earning credits until obtaining the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (32 ECTS) or the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS), or even until obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS) or the Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport marketing.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in sport marketing.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of sport marketing.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSIn order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The program has 8 credits (ECTS), distributed over several teaching sessions and 3 out-of-class activities (visits to sports facilities).
- Introduction to sport marketing
- Scope of sport marketing
- Internal marketing, stakeholders and consumers of the sports industry
- Sports marketing environments and markets
- The competition
- Sports marketing strategy
- Media policies
- Public relations in sports policy
- The media
- Marketing and communication 2.0 and social media
Certificate for the Course in Sport Marketing from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning and technological environments.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert professors and professionals from the industry.
- Collaborative tools, group work, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: approaches training from the business sector to the sports industry.
- Learning based on experience: designed to improve professionalism.
||Raúl CiprésAssociate professor at Blaquerna (URL), EAE Business School, TecnoCampus Mataró (UPF). Partner at CreativiaLab. Managing Partner at InfinitC (Mexico City, Caracas and Lisbon). Member of the Board of Directors of Club Joventut Badalona. He has been the Marketing Director of Real Club Deportivo Espanyol and Real Club de Polo de Barcelona, among others.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Sport Marketing, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
The platform has been designed so you can comfortably navigate through the various areas and enjoy the offers that most interest or adapt to the needs of alumni at any given time. In the Learning Area, you will find resources that will allow you to keep up with the latest trends in the sector, participate in our webinars or access pre-recorded academic sessions, as well as many other resources.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute platform’s Networking section provides a meeting point for alumni to get in touch, share experiences, network, discuss ideas and create positive synergies for the benefit of all. Those who play in this ‘League’ will enjoy the Cruyff Alumni Club, where all Alumni members (organized by center) will have at their disposal numerous academic and leisure activities and events organized in the different countries.
In a later stage, the Alumni Cruyff Institute will offer platform members support in managing their professional development through the Career Services section (job offers and internships). There will also soon be the Cruyff Alumni Shop, an online store where you can purchase official Johan Cruyff Institute products exclusively.
Classes take place at the Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona, located in the upper part of the city. The building, dating from the 20th century, offers a learning space with natural light and access to the garden to enjoy networking between sessions. The lectures will be held in a multipurpose SMART classroom which facilitates the agility and flexibility of the sessions.
- Degree: Certificate for the Course in Sport Marketing from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 5 weeks. 8 ECTS
- Start: January 12, 2018
- End: February 9, 2018
On campus classes: Friday from 3.30pm to 8.30pm (In addition, this course will have some hours online)
Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona
Pomaret 8, 08017 Barcelona
- Modality: Blended. Also available online in English and Spanish
- Language: Spanish
- Price: € 1,120.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course. Limited seats available
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.