- Degree: Certificate for the Course in Sport Marketing from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 3 months. 8 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: September 24, 2018
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 1,016.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
In today’s world, marketing and communications have great relevance. Every day, thousands of unique and specialized apps appear which have a high differential value. This same specialization and rigor is being applied to educating sport marketing professionals. This innovative 10-week course will provide a first mover advantage to all those marketing professionals the sports industry includes.
The main objective of the Course in Sport Marketing is to understand the marketing concepts and apply them to sport management. After the course you’ll know how to use operational marketing tools that will improve your results as a sport marketing professional.
- To know analysis and diagnostic tools for market research.
- To know, analyze and assess strategies for the development, launching and positioning of new products.
- To analyze and assess marketing strategies for the internationalization of sports activity.
- To have a good command of technological tools for the exploitation of business resources through marketing.
- To know, analyze and assess the role of digital communities and social media in sports business.
- To know basic digital marketing tools.
You have the option of studying this course and other specialized courses, earning credits until obtaining the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (32 ECTS) or the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS), or even until obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS) or the Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport marketing.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in sport marketing.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of sport marketing.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSIn order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 8 credits (ECTS), spread over 10 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
CONTENT SPORTS MARKETING
- Introduction to sport marketing
- Defending the marketing strategy: differentiation
- Marketing segmentation, targets, positioning and value proposal
- Brand design & marketing
- Operational marketing: objectives
- Development and management of products/services in sports organisation
- Price policy
- Distribution policy
- Communication policy
- Marketing and communication 2.0 and social media
- Marketing plan
Certificate for the Course in Sport Marketing from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
||Dr. Marc BernardichPh.D in Creation, Direction and Management of SMEs, Autonomous University of Barcelona. Responsible for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University Foundation of Bages. Executive Director of Basketball Manresa SAE. CEO Neòfit. Own consulting company that does creation and conceptualization of New Innovative Projects.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Sport Marketing, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
The platform has been designed so you can comfortably navigate through the various areas and enjoy the offers that most interest or adapt to the needs of alumni at any given time. In the Learning Area, you will find resources that will allow you to keep up with the latest trends in the sector, participate in our webinars or access pre-recorded academic sessions, as well as many other resources.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute platform’s Networking section provides a meeting point for alumni to get in touch, share experiences, network, discuss ideas and create positive synergies for the benefit of all. Those who play in this ‘League’ will enjoy the Cruyff Alumni Club, where all Alumni members (organized by center) will have at their disposal numerous academic and leisure activities and events organized in the different countries.
In a later stage, the Alumni Cruyff Institute will offer platform members support in managing their professional development through the Career Services section (job offers and internships). There will also soon be the Cruyff Alumni Shop, an online store where you can purchase official Johan Cruyff Institute products exclusively.