- Degree: Certificate for the Course in Sport Media from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 5 weeks. 3 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10hours)
- Start: May 11, 2021
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 646.-
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
The media are a crucial part of the management of any sports entity in the world. In this module, you will learn how the media work and how you as a sports entity will approach them to get money and/or exposure for your sport.
The main objective of the Course in Sport Media is to give students a deep knowledge of the economics of all types of media (theory) and the opportunity to work on practical cases.
- To enable students to be autonomous in establishing and implementing a media strategy.
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport media.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You are an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in the area of sport media.
- You are working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of the overall sport media concept.
In order to take this course it is recommended to have some knowledge of sport management.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 3 credits (ECTS), distributed over 5 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- Sport & media: history
- Sport & media players: buyers, sellers & intermediaries
- Sport & media geography: description & particularities of the world’s main regions
- How do they work?
- Conclusion + overview of what the future might bring
Certificate for the Course in Sport Media from Johan Cruyff Institute.
TUTORINGThe program will have a professor assigned to it, who will organise the course and share instructions. The professor is responsible for supporting the student throughout the training process and monitoring their progress on the program.
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Sport Media Online, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTE
Johan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.