- Degree: Certificate for the Course in Sport Sponsorship from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 10 weeks. 6 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours)
- Start: January 27, 2020
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 1.030.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
Sponsorship is a critical resource in the sport business arsenal for governing bodies, rights holders, agencies, brands and fans. Without sponsorship many of the activities we enjoy on a daily basis would not be possible. Research indicates $65 billion is invested globally in sponsorship on a yearly basis. With ticketing, merchandise and media, sponsorship is an integral part of the marketing mix. Understanding the dynamics of sponsorship and the ways it can help build a brand, drive business development or engage fans and communities is essential for all sport business executives. This course peels back the layers of the sponsorship onion to explain, why, where and how sponsorship can be one of the most powerful tools you have in your marketing toolbox.
The main objectives of the Course in Sport Sponsorship is to help the student understand the sponsorship ecosystem and how it can be applied across the sport business, from global to local and from elite to amateur sports. Sponsorship is one of the most universal and flexible tools that is available to a sports organisation, club, team, event or individual to help achieve their goals. LEARNING OUTCOMES
- To understand the sponsorship marketplace and the key drivers.
- The evolution of sponsorship, trends, developments and future direction.
- The added value of sponsorship in the marketing mix.
- Using assets in activation concepts for brands, rights holders and fans.
- Develop proposals and presentations to sell sponsorship programs.
- Measuring the impact of sponsorship through media and market research.
The program is aimed at anyone wishing to complement their training with a specialized course in Sponsorship within the field of sport. It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You are an (ex-)athlete and you need specialized training in Sports Sponsorship with a particular focus on understanding the passionate world of sponsorship applied on sports.
- You are working in the business and/or sports field, and you want to make a qualitative leap in your professional career by acquiring specific knowledge regarding the main concepts of sports sponsorship.
The program has 6 credits (ECTS), distributed over 10 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.ACADEMIC CERTIFICATION Certificate for the Course in Sport Sponsorship from Johan Cruyff Institute
The sponsorship marketplace
- Facts, figures and the dynamics of the marketplace
- Key stakeholders and their role in sponsorship
- Types of sponsorship; traditional vs. tailormade
- Segmentation and targeting the audience, consumers or fans
- Analyzing the sponsorship assets; tangible vs. intangible
- A framework for managing sponsorship; quantity vs. quality
- Creating sponsorship packages and programs
- Maximizing sponsorship assets: price vs. value
- Selling and negotiating sponsorship fees
- Why activate?
- Roles and responsibilities for activation
- Concepts and themes for sponsors and rights holders
- Activation strategies; from idea to execution
- Feeding the fans; content, engagement and storytelling
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you'll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program. Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with. Learn more about our Faculty pool.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Sport Sponsorship, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete. NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTE Johan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise. The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession. The platform has been designed so you can comfortably navigate through the various areas and enjoy the offers that most interest or adapt to the needs of alumni at any given time. In the Learning Area, you will find resources that will allow you to keep up with the latest trends in the sector, participate in our webinars or access pre-recorded academic sessions, as well as many other resources. The Alumni Cruyff Institute platform’s Networking section provides a meeting point for alumni to get in touch, share experiences, network, discuss ideas and create positive synergies for the benefit of all. Those who play in this ‘League’ will enjoy the Cruyff Alumni Club, where all Alumni members (organized by center) will have at their disposal numerous academic and leisure activities and events organized in the different countries. In a later stage, the Alumni Cruyff Institute will offer platform members support in managing their professional development through the Career Services section (job offers and internships). There will also soon be the Cruyff Alumni Shop, an online store where you can purchase official Johan Cruyff Institute products exclusively.