- Qualification: Certificate for the Course in Sport Sponsorship: Strategy from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 10 weeks. 6 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours)
- Start: January 9, 2024
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 1.066.- (Fees for the academic year 2023-24)
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
Sponsorship is a critical resource in the sport business arsenal for governing bodies, rights holders, agencies, brands and fans. Without sponsorship many of the activities we enjoy on a daily basis would not be possible.
Research indicates $65 billion is invested globally in sponsorship on a yearly basis. With ticketing, merchandise and media, sponsorship is an integral part of the marketing mix. Understanding the dynamics of sponsorship and the ways it can help build a brand, drive business development or engage fans and communities is essential for all sport business executives.
This course peels back the layers of the sponsorship onion to explain, why, where and how sponsorship can be one of the most powerful tools you have in your marketing toolbox.
The main objectives of the Course in Sport Sponsorship: Strategy is to help the student understand the sponsorship ecosystem and how it can be applied across the sport business, from global to local and from elite to amateur sports. Sponsorship is one of the most universal and flexible tools that is available to a sports organisation, club, team, event or individual to help achieve their goals.
- To understand the sponsorship marketplace and the key drivers.
- The evolution of sponsorship, trends, developments and future direction.
- The added value of sponsorship in the marketing mix.
- Using assets in activation concepts for brands, rights holders and fans.
- Develop proposals and presentations to sell sponsorship programs.
- Measuring the impact of sponsorship through media and market research.
The program is aimed at anyone wishing to complement their training with a specialized course in Sponsorship Strategy within the field of sport.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You are an (ex-)athlete and you need specialized training in Sports Sponsorship with a particular focus on understanding the passionate world of sponsorship applied on sports.
- You are working in the business and/or sports field, and you want to make a qualitative leap in your professional career by acquiring specific knowledge regarding the main concepts of sports sponsorship.
In order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 6 credits (ECTS), distributed over 10 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
The sponsorship marketplace
- Defining Sponsorship & Evolution of sponsorship
- Sponsorship Business
- Key stakeholders and their role in sponsorship
- Types of sponsorship; traditional vs. tailormade
- Segmentation and targeting the audience, consumers or fans
The sponsorship toolbox
- Analyzing the sponsorship assets; tangible vs. intangible
- Creating sponsorship packages and programs
- Maximizing sponsorship assets: price vs. value
- Selling and negotiating sponsorship fees
Managing and activating sponsorship
- Roles and responsibilities for activation
- Concepts and themes for sponsors and rights holders
- Activation strategies; from idea to execution
- Feeding the fans; content, engagement and storytelling
Certificate for the Course in Sport Sponsorship: Strategy from Johan Cruyff Institute
TUTORINGThe program will have a professor assigned to it, who will organise the course and share instructions. The professor is responsible for supporting the student throughout the training process and monitoring their progress on the program.
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Sport Sponsorship: Strategy, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTE
Johan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.