- Qualification: Certificate for the Course in Sport Tourism from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 5 weeks. 3 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours)
- Start: November 14, 2023
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 658.- (Fees for the academic year 2023-24)
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
Tourism and sports are interrelated and complementary. Sports involve a considerable amount of travel to play and compete in different destinations. Major sports events have become important tourist attractions in themselves, contributing very positively to the tourism image of the host destination.
Sports tourism is one of the fastest-growing sectors in tourism. Increasingly, tourists are interested in sports activities during their travels, whether or not sports are the main objective of their trip. Sports events attract participants or spectators from all over the world. For instance, the Premier League indicates that football is the top sports attraction for international tourists in the UK, with over 800,000 international visitors attending a football match each year and spending £684 million during their stay in the country.
The objective of the Course in Sport Tourism is for the student to understand how the relationship between the Sports Industry and Tourism works, in order to understand all its possibilities and the impact it can have on a territory with the aim of learning to take advantage of what Tourism can generate as additional income for the sports industry, and especially for sports clubs.
- Understand the sports tourism sector and how to take advantage of it.
- Understanding the individual components of the broader sector.
- To have the tools to be able to design a sport tourism strategy.
The program is aimed at those who wish to complement their education with a specialized Course in Sport Tourism.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You are an (ex-)athlete who wants to receive specialized education in sport tourism.
- You are working or want to work in the sports industry and want to gain a better understanding of sport tourism.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSIn order to take this course it is recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or sport marketing.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has three credits (ECTS), distributed over five weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one includes a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
PRINCIPLES OF TOURISM
- Concept and definitions
- Evolution of Tourism and Sport Tourism: Understand the past, to understand the present
- Sport & Tourism
- Factors to keep in mind
SPORT TOURISM STRUCTURE
- Growing of Sport Tourism
- Motivation and profile of a sport tourist
- Types of sport tourism
- The commitment from the public and private spheres for Sports tourism
- Sport tourism: a new source of income for clubs
- Design of Sports Tourism products
Certificate for the Course in Sport Tourism from Johan Cruyff Institute.
TUTORINGThe program will have a professor assigned to it, who will organise the course and share instructions. The professor is responsible for supporting the student throughout the training process and monitoring their progress on the program.
- E-mail: students will receive a reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Sport Tourism, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.