The sports industry offers many business opportunities and challenges for managers of sport organizations. Knowledge in areas of management such as strategic planning, analysis of the sector and strategic decision-making are key to managing successful sports entities. This blended course introduces you to the key aspects of strategic management to apply them in your responsibility as an executive or (future) manager in the world of sports.
The main objective of the Course in Strategic Management of Sport Organizations is to understand the basic principles of strategic management applied to the sports sector.
- To know how to analyze the structure of an industry and the trends in its environment to determine their potential.
- To understand and apply the elements of the strategic planning process.
- To learn how companies can develop sustainable competitive advantages.
- To understand the creation of competitive advantages through business models.
- To understand the basic principles of strategic management at the corporate level.
- To know the most relevant frameworks that help management implement a strategy and manage change.
You have the option of studying this course and ther specialized courses, earning credits towards obtaining the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (32 ECTS), or even towards obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport management.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in the management of sport organizations.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of the management of the sports sector.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSIn order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The program has 8 credits (ECTS), distributed over several teaching sessions and 3 out-of-class activities (visits to sports facilities).
- The definition of strategy
- Strategic planning
- Analysis of the sector
- Law applied to sport
- Management strategies
- Company vision based on resources
- Creating sustainable competitive advantage
Certificate for the Course in Strategic Management of Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
- Learning 3.0: Flexible schedules, different learning and technological environments.
- World-class faculty: Interaction with expert professors and professionals from the industry.
- Collaborative tools, group work, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: Approaches training from the business sector to the sports industry.
- Learning based on experience: Designed to improve professionalism.
||Marc CaballéDiploma in Physical Science and Bachelor of Science in Physical Activity and Sport (UB). Events Management and Sport Management Undergraduate (UAB). Professor of Sport Management and Sports Organization at Blanquerna and Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). Sporting Events Organization Consultant. CEO and founder of Sports and Neda el Món.|
||Toni Jorba Bachelor of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration (BBA & MBA) from ESADE Business School, Barcelona. Manager in the organization of various international sporting events such as Davis Cup Final, European Athletics Championships, The London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, X Games Barcelona, FINA World Championships, Commonwealth Games, World Cup and FIBA Basketball World Handball Championship. He is currently consultant in event management for the IAAF. Also he works as a lecturer at the Blanquerna FCEEP and Tourism Sant Ignasi (Universidad Ramon Llull – URL).|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Strategic Management of Sport Organizations, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
ALUMNI AND NETWORKINGThe Johan Cruyff Institute gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students , alumni, faculty and members of the global network, and share your passion for sport and your professional experience with others. We promote and facilitate continuous academic training. Our community is, in this sense, a network of social and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sport and business sectors.
Classes take place at the Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona, located in the upper part of the city. The building, dating from the 20th century, offers a learning space with natural light and access to the garden to enjoy networking between sessions. The lectures will be held in a multipurpose SMART classroom which facilitates the agility and flexibility of the sessions.
- Academic degree: Certificate for the Course in Strategic Management of Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 3 months. 8 ECTS
- Start: September 23, 2016
- End: December 2, 2016
On campus classes: Friday from 3.30pm to 5.00pm (In addition, this course will have some hours online)
Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona
Pomaret 8, 08017 Barcelona
- Modality: Blended. Also available online in English and Spanish
- Language: Spanish
- Price: € 1,120.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course. Limited seats available
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.