- Qualification: Certificate for the Course in Strategic Management of Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 10 weeks. 6 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours)
- Start: March 5, 2024
- Modality: Online
- Language: Spanish and English
- Price: € 1,066.- (Fees for the academic year 2023-24)
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
The sports industry offers many business opportunities and challenges for managers of sport organizations. Knowledge in areas of management such as strategic planning, analysis of the sector and strategic decision-making is key to managing successful sports entities.
This 10-week course introduces you to the key aspects of strategic management to apply them in your responsibility as a (future) executive or manager in the world of sports.
The main objective of the Course in Strategic Management of Sport Organizations is to understand the principles of strategic management applied to the sports sector. The student will be able to initiate work in analyzing the strategic, global and objective vision of the sport sector from the business point of view.
- To know how to analyze the structure of an industry and the trends in its environment to determine their potential.
- To understand and apply the elements of the strategic planning process.
- To learn how companies can develop sustainable competitive advantages.
- To understand the creation of competitive advantages through business models.
- To understand the basic principles of strategic management at the corporate level.
- To know the most relevant frameworks that help management implement a strategy and manage change.
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in strategic management of sport organizations.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in the management of sport organizations.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of the management of the sports sector.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS In order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 6 credits (ECTS), spread over 10 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
CONTENT STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT OF SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
- Introduction to the strategic management
- Elements of the internal analysis
- Tools for work team management
- Elements of the external analysis
- Tools for the external analysis
- Strategy formulation
- Competitive strategies and their evolution
- The Balanced Scorecard
- Customer focused strategy
- From strategy to execution
- Innovation in strategy
Certificate for the Course in Strategic Management of Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
TUTORINGThe program will have a professor assigned to it, who will organise the course and share instructions. The professor is responsible for supporting the student throughout the training process and monitoring their progress on the program.
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSThe online training takes place in an Open Campus environment through our virtual learning platform based on a learning by doing methodology, using exercises, case studies and projects. The virtual campus provides a learning environment rich in learning tools that promote the study and use of the online library, case studies, chats, web links, self-assessment exercises, videos, master classes, etc. It will allow you to do your own academic monitoring from anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.