- Qualification: Certificate for the Course in Venue Management and Operations from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 10 weeks. 6 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours)
- Start: April 30, 2024
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 1,066.-
- Special conditions: Discount for members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
Sport is big business globally. The business of football accounts for a large segment of that global sport business. However, football cannot operate without having quality venues for everything from training to matches. Hence, in order for football to be big business, there must be a complete understanding of football venue management and it’s operations.
This course looks at the business and management concepts inherent to quality management of football infrastructure.
The course will start with a summary of what venue management is, and then continue to articulate the various organisational, human resource, financial, and operations management concepts inherent to managing football stadiums. This will be followed with an investigation into the logistical functions and issues to be considered for venue management in football, including event planning and management, risk assessment, security planning, marketing, and hospitality/VIP management. The course will conclude with a look at measuring performance in terms of financial and operational success using the Balanced Scorecard as the foundational model for measurement.
- To understand the scope of venue management.
- To understand the difference between match day and non-match day operations, business as usual operations and major event operations.
- To understand the different functional areas involved in managing venues.To understand the importance of safety & security and how to manage risk.
The program is aimed at those who wish to complement their education with a specialized course in football for (future) managers. It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You are an (ex-)athlete who wants to receive specialized education in football management.
- You are working or want to work in the football industry and want to gain a better understanding of the game and acquire a vision of the strategic role of a football executive.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS In order to take this course it is recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or football business.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 6 credits (ECTS), spread over 10 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- Venue management
- Working with stakeholders
- Safety & security
- Event operations
- Managing risk
- Alternative uses of stadiums
- FIFA world cups
ACADEMIC CERTIFICATION Certificate for the Course in Venue Management and Operations from Johan Cruyff Institute.
TUTORINGThe program will have a professor assigned to it, who will organise the course and share instructions. The professor is responsible for supporting the student throughout the training process and monitoring their progress on the program.
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Venue Management and Operations, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.