- Degree: Master in Marketing and Sport Management at Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 10 months. 60 ECTS (weekly dedication of 5-8 hours on campus + 5-6 hours online)
- Start: September 20, 2021
On campus classes: Fridays from 3.30 pm to 8.30 pm (and some Thursdays in the evening)
Casa de la Convalescència
Calle Sant Antoni María Claret, 171
- Modality: Blended (in Barcelona).
- Language: Spanish
- Price: € 500 Enrollment Fee and € 8,380 Tuition Fee. Total: € 8,880
- Payment methods: Payment in installments available
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the program. Limited places available
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
The Master in Marketing and Sport Management Blended is a 10-month program that delves into the most important aspects of marketing and management applied to sport.
Classes with expert faculty closely linked to sport, are combined with master classes with exclusive guest lecturers from the world of sport marketing and management, outdoor visits (field trips) and a study trip that will enrich the experience you’ll have in Barcelona with your classmates, broadening your network of contacts in the sporting world. In addition, each module of the Master will include some hours online.
The main objective of the Master in Marketing and Sport Management Blended is to guide you in your development as an integrated sport marketing and managment professional and train you in the use of marketing and management tools to recognize business opportunities, establish strategies, anticipate changes, optimize resources and analyze information with sound judgement.
- Understand and apply strategic, global and objective vision to the sports industry from a business perspective.
- Create new market opportunities by applying an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture inclined towards innovation in sport organizations.
- Use the most innovative practices in sport marketing and be more effective in brand strategy and sponsorship execution.
- Detect the key factors to lead professional teams and obtain the best results.
- Interpret the financial statements of a sports organization and create financial strategies for new products and businesses.
- Optimize the management of a sports facility and sports event.
The Master in Marketing and Sport Management is right for you, if:
- You’re an (ex) athlete looking for education and a degree in sport management to give your professional career a boost.
- You’re working in a business environment and want to specialize in the sports industry.
- You wish to complete your education with a postgraduate degree specializing in sport marketing, administration and management.
People who have completed this Master are currently working in the areas of:
- Sports Competition (professional sports teams and event organizers).
- Governance (sports federations and associations).
- Sports Facilities and Events (championship organizers, sports clubs).
- Community Sports (foundations, government, municipalities).
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives).
- Sports Journalism (media agencies and media).
- Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies).
- Advertising and branding (advertising agencies and communication agencies).
To be eligible for admission, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, undergraduate diploma or the equivalent.
- Have at least 3 years experience in the area of sport management.
- Have developed a career as a professional athlete.
Note: It is advisable to have basic knowledge of the English language.
Please complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. Your form will be submitted to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate if your achievements as well as your aspirations and motivations in pursuing this degree, are in line with the objectives of the program. The admission procedure may include a personal interview with the program manager. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The study plan for the Master in Marketing and Sport Management is comprised of 12 compulsory modules. The Master is completed with the presentation of the final project which is a business plan or research project. The on-campus classes will be held on Fridays from 3.30 pm to 8.30 pm.
- Introduction to sport marketing
- Defining the marketing strategy: differentiation
- Market segmentation, targets, positioning and value proposal
- Design and brand management
- Operational marketing: objectives
- Development and management of products/services in sport organizations
- Price, distribution and communication policy
- Marketing and communication 2.0 and social media
- Marketing plan
- Company strategy: origin and design
- The purpose of the company: mission, vision and values
- Strategic analysis: SWOT
- Positioning strategies based on external analysis
- Growth strategies
- Business plan: outline and strategy
GOVERNANCE IN SPORT
- Typologies of sports/games. What makes football & sport so unique? Key aspects
- Sport and globalization/imperialism/transculturation
- Liturgy and rituals in football. Sport and politics, propaganda, protests, debates and influences
- Sport’s governing bodies, including FIFA, as actors of international relations, as well as counter-models
- Main principles and practical realizations of sport for development (S4D) Presentation of excellent grassroots and elite initiatives
- Conclusions and way forward: the sustainability agenda, football and the United Nations SDGs. The greening of major sporting events
- The people management annual cycle
- Development. Performance evaluation
- Project management & talent identification
- Compensation and benefits & internal communication
- People management strategic plan
ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN SPORT ORGANIZATIONS
- Finance and sport management
- Interpretation of financial reports
- Analysis of financial statements
INVESTMENT AND FINANCING MECHANISMS
- Financial planning
- Structural finance
INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- Innovation: what are we referring to?
- Innovation strategies
- Innovative business models
- Organization of innovation
- Innovation and the customer
- Open innovation
SPORT FACILITY MANAGEMENT
- Urban planning of sport facilities
- Management models
- Management plan of a sport facility
SPORT EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Event types
- Organization models
- Event phases
- Economic management
- Event marketing
- Personnel & volunteers
- Risk management
- The sponsorship marketplace
- The sponsorship toolbox
- Managing and activating a sponsorship
- Introduction: objectives, structure and method
- Sport & the media: history
- Sport & media players: buyers, sellers & intermediaries
- Sport & media geography: description & particularities of the world’s main regions
- How does it work?
- Conclusion + overview of what the future might bring
- Master’s Degree Final Project
The program includes visits to sport facilities and entities that provide an on-the-ground and first-hand understanding of what management challenges are faced on a day-to-day basis, in the hands of active professionals.
Master in Marketing and Sport Management of Johan Cruyff Institute.
The Master in Marketing and Sport Management puts you at the center of your education. You will enjoy learning based on a learning-by-doing methodology. We encourage collaborative work and transfer the content to specific situations in sport management (connective teaching methodologies and social constructivism). Our staff of expert faculty will guide you in the learning process, providing high quality training with the flexibility of online study.
- Learning 3.0: Flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: Interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: Training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: Designed for professional improvement.
|Víctor Jordán Vallverdú||Degree in History. University of Barcelona. Associate professor of TecnoCampus Mataró (UPF) and UOC. Training for teachers at institutes, councils and universities on the use and application of ICT tools in the education sector. Consultant by Google Inc. for the implementation of Google Apps Education educational tool.|
|Dra. Núria Masferrer||Ph.D in Economics and Business from the University of Barcelona. Member of the Research Group of Economics and Uncertainty Management from UB, credited as an emerging research group by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the CEO group of the School of Maresme -UPF. Specialization in Business Financing.|
|David Hidalgo||Degree in Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). Master in Business Administration (ESADE Business School). International MBA Program Canada (Schulich School of Business, York University). Human Resources Executive Program, USA (Cornell University), General Directorate Program (IESE Business School). CEO Soldeu Ski Resort – Granvalira.|
|Cinto Ajram||Consulting Manager at Johan Cruyff Institute. Bachelor of Economics, Universitat de Barcelona.|
|Yolanda Tarango||Industrial Engineer. Superior School of Industrial Engineering of Terrassa. Member – Director (design products and services) for the company DOBAJU, SL (Health management). Associate professor of UAB and Barcelona Activa among others. She was CEO of Management Services and Solutions for Corporations, Businesses and Individuals, SL (UNNIM Group).|
|Carles Cendrós Cámara||Director of Human Resources at FC Barcelona. PhD in Psychology from Ramon Llull University.|
|Josep Rialp Criado||Associate Professor of Marketing and Market Research, Business Department Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.|
|Dra. Marian Buil Fabregà||PhD in Law, Economics and Business, Knowledge Management and Innovation, Universitat de Girona.|
|Marc Perelló Sobrepere||Head of Digital at CreativiaLab. PhD student Communication program, Universitat Ramon Llull.|
|Jordi Viñas Fort||CEO and owner of ITIK Consultoría. PhD student in Science in Physical Activity and Sports, Universitat de Lleida.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSOnline learning takes place in an Open Campus environment through our virtual learning platform based on a learning by doing methodology, using exercises, case studies and projects. The virtual campus provides an environment rich in learning tools to encourage study and the use of the online library, chats, web links, self-assessment tests, video library, master classes etc. It allows you to monitor your own academic progress from anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The The Alumni Cruyff Institute platform provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
CORPORATE INTERNSHIPSOur Corporate Training Program is the natural result of the global network of Johan Cruyff Institute. The practices are an enriching learning experience for both organizations and students. They contribute to the company’s professional development, and offer students the opportunity to access businesses related to sports, live the reality of a sport organization and acquire new practical skills and knowledge.
CAREER SERVICESJohan Cruyff Institute allows a bridge between potential candidates and the corporate sector involved in sports. Organizations and companies in the sports sector with vacancies contact us when looking for sports-minded candidates. The Johan Cruyff Institute selects qualified contacts within our network profiles. Employment opportunities and new projects in the sports sector are also announced through our various channels.
The Casa Convalescència, one of the last great works of Catalan Modernism (Lluís Domènech i Montaner), forms part of the complex of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, designed in the late 19th century.
The whole hospital complex, including the Casa, was declared Historical Artistic Monument in 1978 and World Cultural Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997.
UAB-Casa Convalescència is currently the headquarters of the Foundation of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (FUAB).