- Qualification: Master in Sport Management from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 13 months. 60 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: March 1, 2023
- Modality: Online. Also available on campus in Amsterdam (English), and blended in Barcelona (Spanish)
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 8,160.- + € 30.- Registration Fee (The Registration fee is non-refundable). Fees for the academic year 2022-23.
- Payment methods: Payment by installments available
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the Master program
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
The sports industry has had a growing impact on the global economy over the last 20 years with investment in public infrastructure, mobilizing resources and creating new professions and jobs. Today it is one of the professional sectors with the most economic momentum, creating opportunities for many people who aspire to a future in the world of sports.
The main objective of the Master in Sport Management Online is to train you to use management tools to help you recognize business opportunities, develop strategies, anticipate changes, optimize resources and analyze information judiciously, without the obstacles of time or place and adapting the pace of study to your individual workload and availability.
- To understand and apply strategic, global and objective vision to the sports industry from a business perspective.
- To create new market opportunities by applying an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture inclined towards innovation in sport organizations.
- To use the most innovative practices in sport marketing and be more effective in brand strategy and sponsorship execution.
- To detect the key factors to lead professional teams and obtain the best results.
- To interpret the financial statements of a sports organization and create financial strategies for new products and businesses.
- To optimize the management of a sport facility and sporting event.
The Master in Sport Management from Johan Cruyff Institute is for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who is looking for a master’s degree in sport management to give your professional career a boost.
- You’re working in the business environment and want to specialize in sport management.
- You wish to complement your education with a master’s degree specializing in sport management.
- You are a professional in the sports industry, with experience in the sector but without studies related to sports management and you want to improve and update your knowledge of the industry.
Those who have completed this Master are currently working in the areas of:
- Sports Competition (professional sports teams and event organizers)
- Governance (sports federations and associations)
- Facilities and Sport Events (championship organizers, sports clubs)
- Community Sports (foundations, municipalities)
- Sports Consulting (own business initiatives)
- Sports Journalism (media)
- Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies)
To be admitted, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Have at least 3 years experience in the field of sport management.
- Have developed a career as a professional athlete.
Please complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. Your form will be submitted to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate if your achievements as well as your aspirations and motivations in pursuing this degree, are in line with the objectives of the program. The admission procedure may include a personal interview with the program manager. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The Master in Sport Management Online is composed of an introductory module, mandatory modules and elective modules. The mandatory modules are divided into foundation modules (Core) and specialization modules (Advanced), linked to this specific program.
Within the elective modules you will have to choose between foundation modules (Elective Core) and specialization modules (Elective Advanced).
|Total Mandatory Credits 33||Total Elective Credits 27|
|24 ECTS (Mandatory Core)||12 ECTS (Elective Core)|
|9 ECTS (Mandatory Elective)||15 ECTS (Elective Advanced)|
Immerse yourself in an ecosystem designed to improve your performance: progress alongside professionals from the sports industry, with the constant assistance of a program manager, teachers who accompany and guide you, and a teaching team that has taken care of every detail of the master’s program.
Learning by doing
Learn theoretical concepts and quickly put them into practice while using the most innovative tools in sport management. By using Johan Cruyff Institute’s pedagogical model, you train “technique” and “tactics” through ‘learning by doing’, where the lived experience is the main source of knowledge.
Work on projects with people of different nationalities and professional backgrounds who share the same team spirit and passion for sport. Have fun, learn from your colleagues, share your points of view with them and participate together in debates that are as diverse as they are enriching.
Challenging business cases
Face real business challenges, tackling the challenges that companies in the sports sector face on a daily basis. Personally present your solutions to Johan Cruyff Institute and its partner companies, who challenge you with specific strategic problems.
Different learning environments
Imagine a master’s program that goes beyond the boundaries of the classroom. Thanks to technology, you will have access to the virtual campus, the e-learning platform that supports your academic progress and facilitates collaborative teamwork. Thanks to field trips and the international study trip, you will get to know different companies and sports organizations first-hand.
Make your studies compatible with your work and personal life: enjoy all the advantages and flexibility of online education without giving up the immersive and rewarding experience of face-to-face sessions.
Face-to-face and online classes are coordinated and run simultaneously throughout the course to achieve common objectives. The face-to-face classes are the backbone of the master’s degree and are held on Thursdays and Fridays afternoons. Based on this central axis, you will usually be asked to work on a series of contents and activities before and after each of these sessions. During the course, the teacher will set the work guidelines, the “training rhythm”, but you will manage your own time and dedication.
You never walk alone
During the classes, the teachers continuously monitor your progress and help you improve your performance. In face-to-face classes, you put theory into practice, but you also have access to theoretical webinars to reinforce your knowledge. When you use the resources of the digital platform, you are in contact with a teacher who can answer your questions at any time.
You are at the center
We accompany you, but we are demanding. We guide you, but you are responsible for your learning process. We prepare you, but in this race, you are the one who competes.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
Johan Cruyff Institute offers different services to enhance your employability, complete your education and improve your experience before, during and after your studies.
Every week we send you a newsletter with job offers from football clubs, companies and sports entities so that you can follow in detail how the job market is evolving in the sports industry and be the first to know about available job opportunities.
In addition, we have built a wide network of professional partners who are looking for talent and turn to us to fill their vacancies. Johan Cruyff Institute selects the best qualified profiles among its network of students according to their suitability.
Our students are well-trained candidates, able to bring a lot of value to companies and, therefore, perfect for integrating into their teams through the formula of professional internships. These internships are, in turn, an enriching learning experience, and through them you have the opportunity to live the reality of a sports organization and put into practice the knowledge you have acquired.
ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTE
The Alumni Cruyff Institute digital platform allows the more than 9,000 students who have studied with us to maintain the links created during their studies, as well as to participate in webinars and training sessions, among other resources.
Connect to this network and get in touch with peers who share your interests and with former students working in companies and institutions around the world, while keeping the spirit of Johan Cruyff Institute alive.
If you are coming to study from outside Spain, we are here to help you. We will help you with the paperwork and provide you with information about accommodation, health insurance, currency and all the details you need to know to make your experience in Barcelona perfect.