- Qualification: Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing and Sponsorship from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 7 months. 30 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: March 1, 2024
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 4,580.- (Fees for the academic year 2023-24)
- Payment methods: Payment by installments available
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the program
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
In markets that are becoming increasingly more competitive, sport marketing and sponsorship have become high impact areas for business success. Consequently, the training of professionals is growing as a demand for specialists in the whole sport marketing cycle, both in business companies as well as in sport foundations, associations, federations and organizations.
This Postgraduate Diploma provides you with the appropriate tools and knowledge for your development as a sport marketing and sponsorship professional in the sports industry.
The main objective of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing and Sponsorship is to prepare you to be a sport marketing and sponsorship professional and educate you in the proper use of marketing management and sponsorship tools applied to sport.
- To understand, analyze and implement marketing strategies, development strategies, launching and positioning of new products.
- To make decisions in relation to the components of product, price, distribution and communication.
- To understand the qualitative and quantitative analysis and diagnostics tools for sport market research.
- To understand, analyze and assess the role of digital communities and social media in sport organizations.
- To interpret financial statements of a sports organization.
- To understand the basic digital marketing tools.
- To understand, analyze, and implement sport sponsorship strategies.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing and Sponsorship from Johan Cruyff Institute is for you, if:
- You are an (ex-) athlete and are looking for a specialized education in sport marketing and sponsorship to give your professional career a boost.
- You’re working in the marketing / sponsorship environment and want to specialize in sport marketing and sponsorship.
- You want to complement your education with a postgraduate diploma in sport marketing and sponsorship.
- You are a professional in the sports industry, with experience in the sector but without studies related to sports marketing and sponsorship and you want to improve and update your knowledge of the industry.
People who have completed this Postgraduate Diploma are currently working in the following areas:
- Sport Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies)
- Advertising and Branding (advertising agencies and media agencies)
- Sports Competition (professional sports clubs and event organization)
- Leadership and Management (federations, sports associations, NGOs and foundations)
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives)
Sports Journalism (media agencies and media)
To be admitted, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent,
- Have at least 3 years of experience in the field of marketing and/or sponsorship, or
- Have developed a career as a professional athlete.
Please complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. Your form will be submitted to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate if your achievements as well as your aspirations and motivations in pursuing this degree, are in line with the objectives of the program. The admission procedure may include a personal interview with the program manager. After sending the form, one of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing and Sponsorship Online is composed of an introductory module, mandatory modules and elective modules. The mandatory modules are divided into foundation modules (Core) and specialization modules (Advanced), linked to this specific program.
Within the elective modules you will have to choose 1 foundation module (Elective Core) and take the Elective Advanced.
|Total Mandatory Credits 24
|Total Elective Credits 6
|18 ECTS (Mandatory Core)
|3 ECTS (Elective Core)
|6 ECTS (Mandatory Elective)
|3 ECTS (Elective Advanced)
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing and Sponsorship puts you at the center of your education through a learning by doing methodology. We encourage collaborative work and transfer the content to specific situations in sport marketing and sponsorship (connective teaching methodologies and social constructivism). Our faculty of expert professors and tutors will guide you in the learning process, providing high quality training combined with the flexibility of online study
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGThe academic team will support you throughout the program, helping you to expand your knowledge and keep pace with the program requirements and content. For each module, you will have one or two professors, depending on the particular module, and they will give you support so you are able to achieve the learning objectives. You will also have the support of a coordinator who will monitor your performance and learning throughout the academic program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing and Sponsorship you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between professors, tutors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
ALUMNI AND NETWORKINGJohan Cruyff Institute gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students, alumni and members of our global network, and share your passion for sport and professional experience with them. We promote and facilitate continuous training. Our community is in this sense, a network of social and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sport and business sectors.Our Corporate Training Program is a natural result of the Johan Cruyff Institute’s global network. The practices are an enriching learning experience for both organizations and students. They contribute to the company’s professional development, and offer students the opportunity to access businesses related to sports, to live the reality of a sports organization and acquire new practical skills and knowledge.
CAREER SERVICES Johan Cruyff Institute allows a bridge between potential candidates and the corporate sector involved in sports. Organizations and companies in the sports sector that have vacancies contact us looking for “sports-minded” candidates. The Johan Cruyff Institute selects qualified contacts within our network profiles. Employment opportunities and new projects in the sports sector are also announced through our various channels.