- Qualification: Specialized Diploma in Sustainability in Sport from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 20 weeks. 12 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours, approximately)
- Start: June 6, 2023
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 1,882.- (Fees for the academic year 2022-23)
- Payment methods: One time payment or in two installments (on request)
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the program
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
The Specialized Diploma in Sustainability in Sport is a program that delves into the fundamental aspects of sustainability in sport, offering knowledge and experiences that will help you in your development as a sports professional.
The main objective of the Specialized Diploma is to give students a deep knowledge of the role of sport within different social and political frameworks through theory and practical cases, developing CSR policies, analyzing governance within the different social and political spheres, and understanding the global strategic vision of a sports organization.
- Understand and apply the strategic, global and objective vision of the sports industry from a business perspective.
- Analyzing the historical, geopolitical, socio-economical, cultural and philosophical dimensions of sport and its place in our societies.
- Strategically understanding the new perspectives across a variety of sectors, mapping of key actors, typology of games and definition of sport.
- Design, implement and evaluate a CSR strategy adapted to the characteristics of the sports organization.
The program is aimed at those who wish to complement their education with a specialized diploma in sustainability in sport.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who is looking for specialized education in sustainability in sport to give your professional career a boost.
- You’re working in the business or sports environment and you want to improve and update your knowledge of the industry.
In order to study this diploma it’s recommended to have some knowledge of management.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 12 credits (ECTS),distributed in 3 modules, which can be consecutive or not, depending on the academic calendar. It contains 1 module of 6 ECTS and 2 modules of 3 ECTS. Each module is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
Strategic Management in Sport Organizations – 6 ECTS
- Introduction to the strategic management
- Elements of the internal analysis
- Tools for work team management
- Elements of the external analysis
- Strategy formulation
- Competitive strategies and their evolution
- The Balanced Scorecard
- Customer focused strategy
- From strategy to execution
- Innovation in strategy
Sustainability in Sport – 3 ECTS
- Introduction. What makes football & sport so unique; its key features.
- Sport and Identity. How sport is being used as a tool to affirm cultural identity and seek international recognition.
- Sport and Politics. The linkages between Sport and Politics in the twentieth century until these days.
- Sport and Diplomacy. Diplomacy through sport and mega sporting events.
- Sport for Development and peace. Explore the “grassroot” dimension of “sport for good” and its possible impact on the lives of people and communities.
- Sport and Sustainability. The UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Corporate Social Responsibility in Sport – 3 ECTS
- Origin and conceptual framework of CSR
- CSR and stakeholders in the world of sport
- Organización and implementation of CSR
- CSR reportings
- Communications and corporate reputation
CERTIFICATESpecialized Diploma in Sustainability in Sport from Johan Cruyff Institute.
The Specialized Diploma in Sustainability in Sport puts you at the center of your education through a learning by doing methodology. We encourage collaborative work and transfer the content to specific situations in sport marketing and sponsorship (connective teaching methodologies and social constructivism). Our faculty of expert professors and tutors will guide you in the learning process, providing high quality training combined with the flexibility of online study.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGThe academic team will support you throughout the program, helping you to expand your knowledge and keep pace with the program requirements and content. For each module, you will have one or two professors, depending on the particular module, and they will give you support so you are able to achieve the learning objectives. You will also have the support of a coordinator who will monitor your performance and learning throughout the academic program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Specialized Diploma in Sustainability in Sport , you will have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between teachers and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.