Managing finances in the world of sport is still an important challenge for many executives. Healthy financial planning and knowledge of financing options are essential when deciding how to manage a sports organization successfully. This 8-week course will introduce key factors of financial management you can apply daily as a manager of a sports organization.
The main objective of the Course in Financial Management in Sport Organizations is to understand the basic principles of financial management applied to the sports sector. You’ll be educated in the use of financial planning tools that will help you in your responsibility as an executive/director of a sports organization.
- To understand and know how to interpret the financial statements of a sports organization (balance sheet, income account, cash flow).
- To develop economic and financial assessment of business projects in sport.
- To know the different institutions and public and private financing mechanisms.
- To learn to recognize and use all available financial resources.
- To use advanced financial information systems to support business decision-making.
You have the option of studying this course and other specialized courses, earning credits until obtaining the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (32 ECTS), the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS), or the Postgraduate Diploma in Sponsorship (27 ECTS), or even until obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS) or the Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in financial management in sport organizations.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in financial management in sport organizations.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of financial management in the sports sector.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSTo do this course, it is recommended that you have professional experience in a sports organization or in any business management environment, or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 8 credits (ECTS) distributed over 8 weeks. The course has a number of teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
CONTENT I ECONOMIC-FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS – 4 ECTS
- Finance and sport management
- Interpretation of financial reports
- Analysis of financial statements
- Financial planning
II INVESTMENT & FINANCING MECHANISMS – 4 ECTS
- Project investment and assessment
Certificate for the Course in Financial Management in Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
||Dr. Josep Torres PrunyonosaDoctor in Actuarial and Financial Sciences. Master in Equity Markets and Derivatives. Specialist in banking, rating of sporting bodies and ethics in finance. Associate Professor of EAE Business School, Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) and EUNCET.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Financial Management of Sport Organizations, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
ALUMNI AND NETWORKINGThe Johan Cruyff Institute gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students , alumni, faculty and members of the global network, and share your passion for sport and your professional experience with others. We promote and facilitate continuous academic training. Our community is in this sense, a network of social and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sport and business sectors.
- Academic degree: Certificate for the Course in Financial Management in Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 8 weeks. 8 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: January 4, 2016 & May 16, 2016
- Modality: Online. Also available on campus in Barcelona (Spanish)
- Language: English and Spanish
- Price: € 1,000.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
Course for Me
Find A Masters
Degrees in Sports