The Football Business Fundamentals program is a perfect introduction to the world of football management and administration. You´ll get to learn how football clubs and entities are correctly managed, analyzing real case studies of the football industry and working the basic concepts and skills needed to know more about the exciting world of football management.
The main objective of the Football Business Fundamentals course is to provide you with the fundamental concepts of administration and the basic tools of operational management in organizations and companies related to the world of football.
- To understand the environment in which organizations in the world of football operate, enterprise operations, their functional areas and instruments of analysis.
- To have a basic vision of strategic management from a business perspective.
- To know, understand and apply the basic concepts in football management.
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in football business.
It is especially suitable for you if:
- You are an (ex-) athlete and need specialized education in football business.
- You’re working in the area of business and/or sports, and want to acquire a greater knowledge of the management in the particular sector of the football.
- You’re a lover of the world of football and want to learn more about the management and business of football clubs.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has a duration of about 60 hours. The maximum time given to complete the program is 4 months. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- Values, mission and vision
- A football club’s competitive advantage
- Analysis of the environment
- Analysis of the football sector
- Internal analysis
- Leadership in football
- Management styles
- Talent management & incorporation
- Introduction: marketing strategy in football clubs
- The football consumer
- The marketing mix
- The life cycle of a product
- The brand and its associated default value
- Market segmentation
- Sports sponsorship in football clubs
- Interpretation of financial statements
- Financing in the world of football
- Investments and project assessment
- Risk management
- Financial ratios
Certificate for the program Football Business Fundamentals from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
PERSONALIZED TUTORING We will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of work /study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. The tutor is responsible in guiding you throughout the study process, doing a personalized monitoring of your academic evolution throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
||Román Pascual Diploma in Tourism and Postgraduate in Business Management Techniques, Escola Universitària del Maresme. Specialized in sports tourism and event management. Councillor for Economic Development, Tourism and Trade in the City of Arenys de Mar (Barcelona). Manager of sports clubs in Barcelona.|
||Víctor Jordán Vallverdú Degree in History. University of Barcelona. Associate professor of TecnoCampus Mataró (UPF) and UOC. Training for teachers at institutes, councils and universities on the use and application of ICT tools in the education sector. Consultant by Google Inc. for the implementation of Google Apps Education educational tool.|
||David Hidalgo Degree in Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). Master in Business Administration (ESADE Business School). International MBA Program Canada (Schulich School of Business, York University). Human Resources Executive Program, USA (Cornell University), General Directorate Program (IESE Business School). Corporate Director, Soldeu Ski Resort – Granvalira.|
||Dra. Núria Masferrer Ph.D in Economics and Business from the University of Barcelona. Member of the Research Group of Economics and Uncertainty Management from UB, credited as an emerging research group by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the CEO group of the School of Maresme -UPF. Specialization in Business Financing.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Football Business Fundamentals course, you will have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between teachers and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
ALUMNI AND NETWORKINGThe Johan Cruyff Institute network gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students, alumni and members of our global network, and share your passion for sport and professional experience with them. We promote and facilitate continuous academic training. Our community is in this sense, a network of social and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sports and business sectors.
- Academic degree: Certificate for the program Football Business Fundamentals from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 4 months. 60 hours
- Start: December 7, 2015 / March 14, 2016
- Modality: Online
- Language: English, Spanish & Dutch
- Price: € 420.- Euros
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
-Ninguno-WebChat webAdwordsMailPhone callSkypeEmagister ESEmagister COLEmagister CHIEmagister MEXEmagister ARGEmagister UKMasterstudiesCourse for MeFind A MastersDegrees in SportsFacebookTwitterLinkedinOtroINT.101.EN.1INT.102.EN.1INT.151.EN.1INT.152.EN.1INT.153.EN.1INT.154.EN.1INT.301.EN.1INT.302.EN.1INT.303.EN.1INT.304.EN.1INT.305.EN.1INT.306.EN.1INT.307.EN.1INT.308.EN.1INT.101.ES.1INT.102.ES.1INT.151.ES.1INT.152.ES.1INT.153.ES.1INT.154.ES.1INT.301.ES.1INT.302.ES.1INT.303.ES.1INT.304.ES.1INT.305.ES.1INT.306.ES.1INT.307.ES.1INT.308.ES.1AMS.101.EN.2AMS.103.NL.2AMS.301.NL.1BCN.101.ES.2BCN.151.ES.2BCN.152.ES.2BCN.303.ES.2BCN.304.ES.2BCN.305.ES.2BCN.306.ES.2BCN.307.ES.2BCN.308.ES.2-Ninguno-JCI INTJCI BCNJCI AMS-Ninguno-ENESNL