- Degree: Certificate for the Course in eSports from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 5 weeks. 3 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours)
- Start: June 15th, 2021
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 646.-
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
According to the Spanish Association of Videogames (AEVI), eSports is “the name by which players, teams, leagues, publishers, organizers, announcers, sponsors and spectators know the popular structured videogame competitions”.
Gaming and electronic sports have been one of the great protagonists of 2020: big audiences and clubs in clear professionalization. Few talk about whether or not eSports should be a sport; the coincidences and differences are clear, and it is clear that there are many synergies.
Athletes from all walks of life such as, Agüero, Curry, Beckham, Cristiano or Verstappen have invested and given visibility to competitive gaming.
This course has been created with the idea of revealing the differential aspects that exist between sports management and eSports management.
The objective of this course is to help you understand the differences and similarities that exist between managing and leading sports compared to eSports.
We offer you a 360º panorama that introduces you to the history and the competitive video game industry today, to be able to immerse ourselves in the specific drivers for managing competitions, teams, communication channels and content, organization of events and/or the legal framework.
Understanding of the following aspects of the eSports business:
- Institutionalized Ecosystem vs. NonInstitutionalized Ecosystem.
- Local Environment vs. Multilocal Environment.
- Face-to-face companies vs. Totally digital companies.
- Traditional technology vs. Mixed technologies.
- Little Intensive in Startups vs. Basically Startups.
- Clear Legislation vs. Ambiguous Legislation.
- Standard communication channels vs. Own communication channels
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in eSports.
In order to take this course it is recommended to have some knowledge of sport management.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 3 credits (ECTS), distributed over 5 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- The eSports industry.
- Differential aspects of Sports Management regarding eSports Management.
- A Digital Business. Digital Manager.
- Legal aspects of eSports.
- Digital business models.
- The technological paradigm of a digital native industry.
Certificate for the Course in eSports from Johan Cruyff Institute.
The program will have a professor assigned to it, who will organise the course and share instructions. The professor is responsible for supporting the student throughout the training process and monitoring their progress on the program.
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
As a student of the Course in eSports, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTE
Johan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.