- Degree: Certificate for the Course in Data Analytics in Sport from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 5 weeks. 3 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: November 9, 2020
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 640.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
The sport industry is rapidly adopting the use of data to improve the competitiveness of teams and athletes as well as to stay relevant in the market. This course offers a 360-degree view of the sports world’s transition to digital transformation and the different benefits that data brings to this industry.
The main objective of this course is to educate the students on the utilization of data to take objective and measured decisions when it comes to managing athletes, fans or entire organizations.
At the end of the module, participants will:
- Understand the importance of data in business.
- Value the amount of data produced in sport and work with it.
- Appreciate how data drives decisions in other businesses and adopt those principles in sport.
- Know how data generated on multiple platforms can produce a valuable predicted outcome.
- Know how to use available technology to build useful sport analytics.
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in overall understanding of the principles of data usage & statistics in the world of sport management.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You are an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in the topic of the usage of data in sport management.
- You are working in a business and/or sports environment and want to acquire a better understanding of data usage in sport management.
In order to take this course it is recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 3 credits (ECTS), distributed over 5 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- Data in sport vs other industries
- Fan engagement data & analytics
- Performance analytics
- The role of IoT in sport
- Machine learning & AI in sport to predict/prevent outcome (match results, injuries)
- Blockchain potential cases and uses in sport (athletes sport passport, medical records, smart contracts)
- Build your own analytics
Certificate for the Course in Data Analytics in Sport from Johan Cruyff Institute.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Data Analytics in Sport, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTE
Johan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
The platform has been designed so you can comfortably navigate through the various areas and enjoy the offers that most interest or adapt to the needs of alumni at any given time. In the Learning Area, you will find resources that will allow you to keep up with the latest trends in the sector, participate in our webinars or access pre-recorded academic sessions, as well as many other resources.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute platform’s Networking section provides a meeting point for alumni to get in touch, share experiences, network, discuss ideas and create positive synergies for the benefit of all. Those who play in this ‘League’ will enjoy the Cruyff Alumni Club, where all Alumni members (organized by center) will have at their disposal numerous academic and leisure activities and events organized in the different countries.
In a later stage, the Alumni Cruyff Institute will offer platform members support in managing their professional development through the Career Services section (job offers and internships). There will also soon be the Cruyff Alumni Shop, an online store where you can purchase official Johan Cruyff Institute products exclusively.