- Degree: Certificate for the Course in Human Resources in Sport from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 5 weeks. 3 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours)
- Start: January 4, 2021
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 640.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
This course is divided into several lessons that will provide the knowledge and skills required to properly manage the people and talent in a sports entity.
Talent management is something that has become a priority in most organizations.
The professionalization of sports entities means that the role of human resources has become essential in order to be able to correctly manage change. It is so important to efficiently manage talent, identify the best profiles for the correct job/person/organization fit, develop that talent within the organization and ensure that they are the best. This is one of the most complicated tasks for human resources and, of course, equally as important as retaining this talent by enhancing our employer branding. All of these points are key in order for the entity to reach its strategic objectives, both at a sports and management level. Human Resources is organization, it’s development, it’s people, it’s the soul of the company.
In this course, the goal is for students to learn how to develop a human resources management and talent development model, offering different tools that enable them to implement people management processes in any sports entity.
People are the ones who make organizations what they are, so knowing how to manage them and ensuring they feel involved and committed to the project will make the difference between one entity and another.
- Understand and apply concepts and definitions of the human resources function.
- Be able to develop tools for the correct performance of the role in a sports entity.
- Acquire the necessary skills to define and implement a human resources project in the organization.
- Understand the human resources function and be able to apply the knowledge acquired strategically.
- Know how to manage change.
- Prepare the presentation of a project to present to the management board.
The program is aimed at anyone wishing to complement their training with a specialized course that introduces the required knowledge and skills to properly manage the people and talent in a sports entity.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You aim to obtain the main concepts related with the aspects & skills to properly manage the people and talent in a sports entity.
- You want to make a qualitative leap in your professional career by acquiring specific knowledge and skills to properly manage the people and talent in a sports entity.
In order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 3 credits (ECTS), distributed over 5 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
THE ANNUAL HUMAN RESOURCES CYCLE
- Global vision of human resources management
- Key processes in people management
- Key human resources indicators
- Organisation of a sports entity
- Organisational charts and types of reporting
- Job description manual
- Hiring sports and non-sports professionals
- Sizing workforces
DEVELOPMENT. PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
- The performance evaluation process
- How to give employees effective feedback
- How to correctly analyse and use the information obtained
PROJECT MANAGEMENT & TALENT IDENTIFICATION
- What is project management and why is it important
- Types of projects
- Tools for managing and documenting a project
- Identification of internal talent and critical positions
- Training plans
- Career plans
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS & INTERNAL COMMUNICATION
- Fixed pay. What it is and how it is determined
- Variable pay. Bonus models and their calculation
- Emotional salary. What it is and how it impacts the company
- Internal communication objectives
- Elements involved in internal communication
- Internal communication and the work environment
HUMAN RESOURCES STRATEGIC PLAN
- How to make a strategic human resources plan
- Human resources policies
Certificate for the Course in Human Resources in Sport from Johan Cruyff Institute.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Human Resources in Sport, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTE
Johan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
The platform has been designed so you can comfortably navigate through the various areas and enjoy the offers that most interest or adapt to the needs of alumni at any given time. In the Learning Area, you will find resources that will allow you to keep up with the latest trends in the sector, participate in our webinars or access pre-recorded academic sessions, as well as many other resources.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute platform’s Networking section provides a meeting point for alumni to get in touch, share experiences, network, discuss ideas and create positive synergies for the benefit of all. Those who play in this ‘League’ will enjoy the Cruyff Alumni Club, where all Alumni members (organized by center) will have at their disposal numerous academic and leisure activities and events organized in the different countries.
In a later stage, the Alumni Cruyff Institute will offer platform members support in managing their professional development through the Career Services section (job offers and internships). There will also soon be the Cruyff Alumni Shop, an online store where you can purchase official Johan Cruyff Institute products exclusively.