- Qualification: Certificate for the Course in Navigating Conflict of Interest in Agent Representation: From Regulations to Practice
- Duration: 10 hours (5 X 2-hour sessions)
- Start: Posponed/TBD
- Modality: Online
- Language: English and Italian
- Price: € 294
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
This specialised course is tailored for licensed football agents, particularly those by the Italian Football Association (FIGC), offering an in-depth exploration of the regulation of conflict of interest in football. It is designed to enhance your understanding and practical application of the agents regulations, with a special emphasis on effectively managing conflicts of interest including, navigating complex scenarios of dual representation.
- Deepen Regulatory Knowledge: Gain an in-depth understanding of regulations and the conflict of interest in agent representation.
- Enhance Decision-Making Skills: Develop advanced decision-making skills crucial for navigating complex relationships with clubs and players through emphasising practical decision-making strategies to manage the conflicts of interest effectively and ethically in real-world scenarios.
By completing this course, you will be able to;
- Understand regulations concerning the conflict of interest, with a specific focus on dual representation by recognising and interpreting these regulations, applying knowledge to real-world scenarios in football agency.
- Enhance ability to critically assess and ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements concerning dual representation by applying regulatory knowledge to practical situations.
- Gain insight into the broader operation and impact of the conflict of interest rules within the football industry.
Licensed football agents, particularly those licensed by the Italian Football Association (FIGC) under Italian National System.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The course consists of 5 X 2 hours sessions.
Schedule of Sessions:
Legal concept of conflict of interest, conflict of interest in agent representation, representation contracts in the case of conflict of interest.
Tutors: Dr Serhat Yilmaz, Dr Giambattista Rossi
Regulation of conflict of interest, regulatory restrictions, the service fee for dual representation, compliance with reporting obligations.
Tutor: Dr Serhat Yilmaz
Date: 13th DECEMBER — Time: 18:00 – 20:00 CET
Practical workshop on conducting dual representation.
Tutor: Dr Serhat Yilmaz
Market dimension of dual representation, financial structure of dual representation.
Tutor: Dr Giambattista Rossi, Dr Serhat Yilmaz
Date: 15th DECEMBER — Time: 18:00 – 20:00 CET
Resolution of disputes involving conflict of interest situations.
Tutor: Dr Serhat Yilmaz
Certificate for the Course on Navigating Conflict of Interest in Agent Representation: From Regulations to Practice from Johan Cruyff Institute.
TUTORINGThe program will have a professor assigned to it, who will organize the course and provide instructions. The professor is responsible for supporting the students throughout the training process and monitoring their progress on the program.
- E-mail: students will receive a reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
Dr Serhat Yilmaz
Lecturer in Sports Law, Loughborough University, UK
Dr. Yilmaz is one of the leading academics in sports agent education. He developed and run Professional Certificate Programme for Sports Agents, a kitemark, specialist executive education for agents. As the founder of Sports Agents Hub, he created a pivotal online platform for the ongoing training and development of sports agents. He also designed and developed the training course on the FIFA football agent examination. His work has not only advanced the educational standards for sports agents but also enhanced their professional capabilities in the complex sports industry.
Dr Giambattista Rossi
Lecturer in Management, Birkbeck College, UK
Dr. Rossi specialises in sport labour markets, with a keen focus on the economics and management of professional sports. His academic journey includes an undergraduate degree in economics from Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan, and an MSc in Sport Studies from the University of Stirling, Scotland, culminating in a PhD from Birkbeck College. Dr. Rossi’s expertise extends to the study of sport agents, third-party ownership in football, and athletes’ remuneration, making him a leading figure in understanding the dynamics of football players’ transfer market. Awarded the Joao Havelange Research Scholarship, his work provides invaluable insights into the activity of football agents in Europe’s top leagues.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Communication in Football, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.