The world of sport is changing continuously, creating new scenarios that test their leaders. The ability to lead these changes will be critical to sport organizations that aspire to be part of this new framework. This 2-month course introduces you to the concepts of leadership and innovation so you can apply them in your job as a leader of change.
The main objective of the Course in Innovation & Leadership in Sport Organizations is to understand the basic principles of leadership development and innovation in sport. You will learn the management skills you’ll need in your responsibility as a manager/director of a sports organization.
- To know and apply the principles of human resources management
- To understand the cultural background of your staff
- To lead the process of managing change in a sports organization
- To be effective in your communication
- To manage strategic innovation processes
- To align resources, skills and abilities to put innovation into practice
You have the option of studying this course and other specialized courses, earning credits to obtain the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (32 ECTS) or even until obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in innovation and leadership in sport organizations.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized knowledge about innovation and leadership in sport organizations.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of innovation and leadership in the sports sector.
In order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program is 8 credits (ECTS) distributed over 8 weeks. The course has a number of teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- Communication styles
- Scientific Management
- Leadership and developing people
- Knowing team members
- Communication and teamwork
- Management styles and leadership
II ENTREPRENEURSHIP & INNOVATION IN SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS – 4 ECTS
- Innovation in business management
- Types of innovation
Certificate for the Course in Innovation & Leadership in Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
||Lorenzo MurielLaw degree from the Complutense University of Madrid, Official Master’s in Strategic Planning and Control of Senior Management from Camilo José Cela University. PNL Practitioner by the Institut Gestalt. Currently studying a an Ph.D at UPC-Bocconi. Partner – founder of METS (Metabolic Energy Training System). He has been director of the Master’s in HR and director of corporate training at EAE Business School.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Innovation and Leadership in Sport Organizations, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
The platform has been designed so you can comfortably navigate through the various areas and enjoy the offers that most interest or adapt to the needs of alumni at any given time. In the Learning Area, you will find resources that will allow you to keep up with the latest trends in the sector, participate in our webinars or access pre-recorded academic sessions, as well as many other resources.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute platform’s Networking section provides a meeting point for alumni to get in touch, share experiences, network, discuss ideas and create positive synergies for the benefit of all. Those who play in this ‘League’ will enjoy the Cruyff Alumni Club, where all Alumni members (organized by center) will have at their disposal numerous academic and leisure activities and events organized in the different countries.
In a later stage, the Alumni Cruyff Institute will offer platform members support in managing their professional development through the Career Services section (job offers and internships). There will also soon be the Cruyff Alumni Shop, an online store where you can purchase official Johan Cruyff Institute products exclusively.
- Degree: Certificate for the Course in Innovation & Leadership in Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 8 weeks. 8 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: October 8, 2018
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 1,016.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.