The world of sport is changing continuously, creating new scenarios that test their leaders. The ability to lead these changes will be critical to sport organizations that aspire to be part of this new framework. This 2-month course introduces you to the concepts of leadership and innovation so you can apply them in your job as a leader of change.
The main objective of the Course in Innovation & Leadership in Sport Organizations is to understand the basic principles of leadership development and innovation in sport. You will learn the management skills you’ll need in your responsibility as a manager/director of a sports organization.
- To know and apply the principles of human resources management
- To understand the cultural background of your staff
- To lead the process of managing change in a sports organization
- To be effective in your communication
- To manage strategic innovation processes
- To align resources, skills and abilities to put innovation into practice
You have the option of studying this course and other specialized courses, earning credits to obtain the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (32 ECTS) or even until obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in innovation and leadership in sport organizations.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized knowledge about innovation and leadership in sport organizations.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of innovation and leadership in the sports sector.
In order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program is 8 credits (ECTS) distributed over 8 weeks. The course has a number of teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- Leadership and people development
- Meet the members of the team
- Training and teamwork
- Management and leadership styles
- Communication styles
II ENTREPRENEURSHIP & INNOVATION IN SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS – 4 ECTS
- Innovative business
- Management and value creation model
- Management of innovation processes
- Expanding the business: generation of change
Certificate for the Course in Innovation & Leadership in Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
||Lorenzo MurielLaw degree from the Complutense University of Madrid, Official Master’s in Strategic Planning and Control of Senior Management from Camilo José Cela University. PNL Practitioner by the Institut Gestalt. Currently studying a an Ph.D at UPC-Bocconi. Partner – founder of METS (Metabolic Energy Training System). He has been director of the Master’s in HR and director of corporate training at EAE Business School.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Innovation and Leadership in Sport Organizations, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
ALUMNI AND NETWORKINGThe Johan Cruyff Institute gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students , alumni, faculty and members of the global network, and share your passion for sport and your professional experience with others. We promote and facilitate continuous academic training. Our community is in this sense, a network of social and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sport and business sectors.
- Academic degree: Certificate for the Course in Innovation & Leadership in Sport Organizations from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 8 weeks. 8 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: June 26, 2017
- End: October 1, 2017
- Modality: Online. Also available blended in Barcelona (Spanish)
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 1,000.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.