- Degree: Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 6-7 months. 30 ECTS (weekly commitment of 10-12 hours)
- Start: September 21, 2020
- Modality: Online. Also available blended in Barcelona (Spanish)
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 4,460.- Euros
- Payment methods: Payment by installments available
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the program
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
In increasingly competitive markets, sport marketing has become an area of high impact for business success. As a result, the education of professionals in this sector is growing due to the demand for sport marketing specialists, both in business companies as in sport foundations, associations, federations and organizations.
This Postgraduate Diploma provides you with the appropriate tools and knowledge for your development as a sport marketing professional.
The main objective of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing is to prepare you to be a sport marketing professional and educate you in the proper use of marketing management tools, sports operations and financial management applied to sport.
- To understand, analyze and implement marketing strategies, development strategies, launching and positioning of new products.
- To make decisions in relation to the components of product, price, distribution and communication.
- To understand the qualitative and quantitative analysis and diagnostics tools for sport market research.
- To understand, analyze and assess the role of digital communities and social media in sport organizations.
- To interpret financial statements of a sports organization.
- To optimize the management of a facility and sporting event.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing at the Johan Cruyff Institute is right for you if:
- You are an (ex-) athlete looking for training and certification in sport marketing to give your career a boost.
- You are working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to specialize in sport marketing.
- You want to complete your education with a specialized postgraduate program in sport marketing.
Those who have completed this postgraduate program are currently working in the areas of:
- Sport Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies)
- Advertising and Product Branding (advertising agencies and media agencies)
- Sports Competition (professional sports clubs and event organizers)
- Leadership and Management (federations, sports associations, NGOs and foundations)
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives)
- Sports Journalism (media agencies and mass media)
To be admitted, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent, or
- Have at least 3 years of experience in the field of marketing and/or sponsorship, in sport management,
- Have developed a career as a professional athlete.
Please complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. Your form will be submitted to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate if your achievements as well as your aspirations and motivations in pursuing this degree, are in line with the objectives of the program. The admission procedure may include a personal interview with the program manager. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Markting Online is composed of an introductory module, mandatory modules and elective modules. The mandatory modules are divided into foundation modules (Core) and specialization modules (Advanced), linked to this specific program.
Within the elective modules you will have to choose 1 foundation module (Elective Core) and take the Elective Advanced.
|Total Mandatory Credits 24||Total Elective Credits 6|
|18 ECTS (Mandatory Core)||3 ECTS (Elective Core)|
|6 ECTS (Mandatory Elective)||3 ECTS (Elective Advanced)|
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing puts you at the center of your education through a learning by doing methodology. We encourage collaborative work and transfer the content to specific situations in sport marketing and sponsorship (connective teaching methodologies and social constructivism). Our faculty of expert professors and tutors will guide you in the learning process, providing high quality training combined with the flexibility of online study.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUS As a student of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between professors, tutors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
The platform has been designed so you can comfortably navigate through the various areas and enjoy the offers that most interest or adapt to the needs of alumni at any given time. In the Learning Area, you will find resources that will allow you to keep up with the latest trends in the sector, participate in our webinars or access pre-recorded academic sessions, as well as many other resources.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute platform’s Networking section provides a meeting point for alumni to get in touch, share experiences, network, discuss ideas and create positive synergies for the benefit of all. Those who play in this ‘League’ will enjoy the Cruyff Alumni Club, where all Alumni members (organized by center) will have at their disposal numerous academic and leisure activities and events organized in the different countries.
In a later stage, the Alumni Cruyff Institute will offer platform members support in managing their professional development through the Career Services section (job offers and internships). There will also soon be the Cruyff Alumni Shop, an online store where you can purchase official Johan Cruyff Institute products exclusively.
CORPORATE INTERNSHIPSOur Corporate Training Program is a natural result of the Johan Cruyff Institute’s global network. The practices are an enriching learning experience for both organizations and students. They contribute to the company’s professional development, and offer students the opportunity to access businesses related to sports, to live the reality of a sports organization and acquire new practical skills and knowledge.
CAREER SERVICESThe Johan Cruyff Institute allows a bridge between potential candidates and the corporate sector involved in sports. Organizations and companies in the sports sector that have vacancies contact us looking for “sports-minded” candidates. The Johan Cruyff Institute selects qualified contacts within our network profiles. Employment opportunities and new projects in the sports sector are also announced through our various channels.