- Qualification: Certificate for the Course in Commercial Management Online from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 5 weeks. 3 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours)
- Start: January 9, 2024
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 658.- (Fees for the academic year 2023-24)
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
The commercial activity in sporting organizations values assets with various dimensions that are distributed across brands, the fan base, retail or audiovisual operators.
Although the basic principles of marketing are applied, organizations nowadays, which have as a mission sporting competition, have complex portfolios of products and services that, additionally, are often loaded with notoriety and passion.
This course focuses on this commercial portfolio and on the specific methodology needed to maximize sales of what are known as ‘sport properties’, in what is a thriving and innovative sector that increasingly requires greater specialization.
The objective of this course is to teach you the fundamentals of the commercial activity of sports entities, and understanding their unique potential and characteristics: media visibility, high social exposure or competitive constraints.
The course provides an insight into the multiple products and business lines of the sports industry, as well as the different existing commercial approaches according to the types of clients and markets.
An important part of the course will be to introduce methodological tools and a specific glossary of the sector. All from a cross-cutting approach to off and online actions based on experience and the challenges faced by the sports sector.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify what a sports entity is and what assets it commercializes.
- Discern the specific weight of the different business areas into which a sports entity is organized.
- Segment who the clients of sports entities are and how to deal with them.
- Structure commercial inventories and understanding the importance of their correct definition.
- Tackle sales processes with methodology and customer orientation.
- Apply measurement, reporting and feedback systems.
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in commercial management.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You are an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in the area of commercial management.
- You are working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of commercial management.
In order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 3 credits (ECTS), distributed over 5 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
THE DISTRIBUTION OF REVENUES/LIABILITIES ON THE BALANCE SHEET OF THE SPORTS ENTITY
- Different forms of organization
- Different forms of departmentalization
- Specific weight of each business line in terms of revenue
- Periodic targets and measurement systems
- What is sold / What is bought
- Categories (sectors of activity)
- Engagement between sponsor and sponsee
COMPANIES THAT DO NOT WANT TO BE SPONSORS (BUT CAN OFFER REVENUE TO THE SPORT ENTITY WITH DIFFERENT APPROACHES)
- Season tickets
- Match tickets
- Customer typologies and their segmentation
- Purchasing processes
- Secondary markets
RETAIL (DISTRIBUTION OF OFFICIAL PRODUCTS)
- Official stores
- Product licensing
- Distribution channels outside the entity
- New marketplaces
- Customer management and segmentation
- Trademark law and copyright
- New formulas for commercial distribution / managing stock
- Joint/individual commercialization
- Own channels
- Premium content
CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES
- New disciplines / competitions / sections
- Facilities 2.0
- Other tokens
Certificate for the Course in Commercial Management Online from Johan Cruyff Institute.
TUTORINGThe program will have a professor assigned to it, who will organise the course and share instructions. The professor is responsible for supporting the student throughout the training process and monitoring their progress on the program.
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Commercial Management, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTE
Johan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.