- Degree: Certificate for the Course in Sport Sponsorship II: Activation and Measurement from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 10 weeks. 6 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours)
- Start: May 25, 2020
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 1.030.- Euros
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
This course looks at the different types of sponsorship, taking into account that there is no standardized sponsorship model. A comprehensive overview will be given of the process, from the moment a company considers a sponsorship, or an entity plans to attract sponsors until the formal signing and activation of an agreement. Current trends in sponsorship will also be explained, as well as the measuring and setting of KPIs, which is increasingly relevant for decision-making and subsequent performance measurement.
The main objective of the Course in Sport Sponsorship II: Activation and Measurement is for students to understand the different types of sponsorship and be able to apply the techniques learned for attracting sponsorship, as well as being able to understand and measure its impact.
- Know and differentiate between existing types of sponsorship.
- Understand the objectives pursued by a company in order to provide sponsorship
- Be able to evaluate each particular case and be flexible.
- Understand the legal terminology used in contracts.
- Know how to assess the different variables that make up the KPIs or tools used to evaluate sponsorship.
The program is aimed at anyone wishing to complement their training with a specialized course in sponsorship within the field of sport.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You are an (ex-)athlete and you need specialized training in Sport Sponsorship with a particular focus on activation and measurement.
- You are working in the business and/or sports field, and you want to make a qualitative leap in your professional career by acquiring specific knowledge regarding activation and measurement in the field of sport sponsorship.
In order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 6 credits (ECTS), distributed over 10 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
TYPES OF SPONSORSHIP
OBJECTIVES OF A SPONSORING COMPANY
OBJECTIVES AND PLANS FOR ATTRACTING SPONSORSHIP (ENTITY)
- Marketing and visibility
- Media partners
SPONSORSHIP TYPES AND CONTRACTS
- Different models (towards digitalization)
- Types of contract
Certificate for the Course in Sport Sponsorship II: Activation and Measurement from Johan Cruyff Institute.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Sport Sponsorship II: Activation and Measurement, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTE
Johan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
The platform has been designed so you can comfortably navigate through the various areas and enjoy the offers that most interest or adapt to the needs of alumni at any given time. In the Learning Area, you will find resources that will allow you to keep up with the latest trends in the sector, participate in our webinars or access pre-recorded academic sessions, as well as many other resources.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute platform’s Networking section provides a meeting point for alumni to get in touch, share experiences, network, discuss ideas and create positive synergies for the benefit of all. Those who play in this ‘League’ will enjoy the Cruyff Alumni Club, where all Alumni members (organized by center) will have at their disposal numerous academic and leisure activities and events organized in the different countries.
In a later stage, the Alumni Cruyff Institute will offer platform members support in managing their professional development through the Career Services section (job offers and internships). There will also soon be the Cruyff Alumni Shop, an online store where you can purchase official Johan Cruyff Institute products exclusively.