- Qualification: Master in Football Business from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 13 months. 60 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: March 1, 2023
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 8,160.- + € 30.- Registration Fee (The Registration fee is non-refundable). Fees for the academic year 2022-23.
- Payment methods: Payment by installments available
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the Master program
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
Football is the world’s most popular sport and perhaps the most powerful; it links communities, moves emotions and breaks down cultural barriers. Football has also become one of the most profitable industries, with a significant impact on economic development through infrastructure, sponsorship, television rights and player transfers. The football industry, however, is constantly evolving and requires its managers to be well trained to meet the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic.
That is why the education of professionals involved in the management and business of football is key to a greater professionalization of the sector. The Master in Football Business is a program that offers you the tools and knowledge necessary for your development as a professional in the world of football.
The main objective of the Master in Football Business Online is to educate you in the proper use of the business management tools of organizations linked to football, as well as to provide you with an extensive and updated knowledge about the football industry. We will analyze the main theories and practical cases, allowing you to visualize the behaviour of the football industry in all its areas.
- Understand and apply the strategic, global and objective vision of the football industry from a business perspective.
- Master the knowledge necessary to obtain the best results from the management of professional football teams.
- Interpret the financial statements of a football organization and create financing strategies for new projects.
- Understand and apply new marketing and sponsorship tools applied to football.
- Create new market opportunities by applying an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture prone to innovation in the football industry.
- Optimize the planning and management of football entities.
The Master in Football Business from the Johan Cruyff Institute is for you, if:
- You are a (former) footballer/athlete and you are looking for an education and qualification in football business to give your career a boost.
- You are working in business and want to specialize in the football industry.
- You are passionate about football and wish to complete your education with a master’s degree specialized in football business.
- You are a professional in the football industry, with experience in the sector but without management-related studies and you wish to improve and update your knowledge of the industry.
Those who have completed this Master are currently working in the areas of:
- Sports Competition (professional and semi-professional football teams)
- Governance (football federations and associations)
- Facilities and Sports Events (championship organizers, sports clubs)
- Community Sports (foundations, municipalities)
- Sports Consulting (own business initiatives)
- Intermediation Services (agencies, player’s representation)
- Sports Journalism (media)
- Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies)
To be admitted, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Have at least 3 years experience in the football world.
- Have developed a career as a professional football player, coach or referee.
Please complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. Your form will be submitted to the Admissions Committee, who will evaluate if your achievements as well as your aspirations and motivations in pursuing this degree, are in line with the objectives of the program. The admission procedure may include a personal interview with the academic director. One of our academic advisors will contact you within 72 hours.
The Master in Football Business Online is composed of an introductory module, mandatory modules and elective modules. The mandatory modules are divided into foundation modules (Core) and specialization modules (Advanced), linked to this specific program.
Within the elective modules you will have to choose between foundation modules (Elective Core) and specialization modules (Elective Advanced).
|Total Mandatory Credits 33||Total Elective Credits 27|
|24 ECTS (Mandatory Core)||12 ECTS (Elective Core)|
|9 ECTS (Mandatory Elective)||15 ECTS (Elective Advanced)|
Johan Cruyff Institute offers different services to enhance your employability, complete your education and improve your experience before, during and after your studies.
Every week we send you a newsletter with job offers from football clubs, companies and sports entities so that you can follow in detail how the job market is evolving in the sports industry and be the first to know about available job opportunities.
In addition, we have built a wide network of professional partners who are looking for talent and turn to us to fill their vacancies. Johan Cruyff Institute selects the best qualified profiles among its network of students according to their suitability.
Our students are well-trained candidates, able to bring a lot of value to companies and, therefore, perfect for integrating into their teams through the formula of professional internships. These internships are, in turn, an enriching learning experience, and through them you have the opportunity to live the reality of a sports organization and put into practice the knowledge you have acquired.
ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTE
The Alumni Cruyff Institute digital platform allows the more than 9,000 students who have studied with us to maintain the links created during their studies, as well as to participate in webinars and training sessions, among other resources.
Connect to this network and get in touch with peers who share your interests and with former students working in companies and institutions around the world, while keeping the spirit of Johan Cruyff Institute alive.
If you are coming to study from outside Spain, we are here to help you. We will help you with the paperwork and provide you with information about accommodation, health insurance, currency and all the details you need to know to make your experience in Barcelona perfect.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Master in Football Business, you will have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between teachers and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
CORPORATE INTERNSHIPSOur Corporate Training Program is the natural result of the global network of the Johan Cruyff Institute. The practices are an enriching learning experience for both organizations and for students. They contribute to the company’s professional development, and offer students the opportunity to access businesses related to sports live the reality of a sport organization and acquire new practical skills and knowledge.
CAREER SERVICESThe Johan Cruyff Institute allows a bridge between potential candidates and the corporate sector involved in sports. Organizations and companies in the sports sector with vacancies contact us when looking for sports-minded candidates. The Johan Cruyff Institute selects qualified contacts within our network profiles. Employment opportunities and new projects in the sports sector are also announced through our various channels.