- Qualification: Specialized Diploma in Sport Tourism from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 30 weeks. 18 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours, approximately)
- Start: November 14, 2023
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 2.698,00 (Fees for the academic year 2023-24)
- Payment methods: One time payment or in two installments (on request)
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the program
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
Sports tourism is a constantly growing sector, thanks to the close relationship between tourism and sports. Sports involve traveling to different destinations to play and compete, and major sporting events have become important tourist attractions, improving the tourism image of the host destination. More and more tourists are seeking sports activities during their travels, either as the main objective or as a complement, and sporting events of different magnitudes attract both participants and spectators.
Additionally, destinations seek to add their local touch to offer authentic experiences and differentiate themselves. Mega sporting events can even act as catalysts for tourism development if properly leveraged in terms of destination branding, infrastructure development, and economic and social benefits.
The Specialized Diploma in Sports Tourism is a program that focuses on the fundamental areas of Tourism applied to sports, providing you with knowledge and experiences that will help you develop as a professional in the field of sports tourism.
The main objective of this Specialized Diploma is to train you as a professional in sports tourism, equipping you with the necessary tools for proper management of resources applied to this sector.
- Understand how the Sports tourism sector works and how sports organizations can benefit from it.
- Apply operational management tools for the management of sports facilities.
- Master the essential aspects in the organization of sports events.
- Acquire basic knowledge in the field of digital marketing.
The program is aimed at those who wish to complement their education with a specialized diploma in sport tourism.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who is looking for specialized education in sport tourism to give your professional career a boost.
- You’re working in the business or sports environment and you want to improve and update your knowledge of the industry.
In order to study this diploma it’s recommended to have some knowledge of management or marketing.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 18 credits (ECTS),distributed in 4 modules, which can be consecutive or not, depending on the academic calendar. It contains 2 modules of 6 ECTS and 2 modules of 3 ECTS. Each module is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
SPORT TOURISM – 3 ECTS
Principles of tourism
- Concept and definitions
- Evolution of Tourism and Sport Tourism: Understand the past, to understand the present.
- Sport & Tourism
- Factors to keep in mind
SPORT TOURISM STRUCTURE
- Growing of Sport Tourism
- Motivation and profile of a sport tourist
- Types of sport tourism
- The commitment from the public and private spheres for Sports tourism
- Sport tourism: a new source of income for clubs
SPORT TOURISM DEVELOPMENT
- Design of Sports Tourism products
Sport Facility Management – 6 ECTS
- Territorial planning of sports facilities
- Management models
- Operations plans of a sports facility
Sport Event Management – 6 ECTS
- Event types
- Organizations models
- Event phases
- Personnel and Volunteers
- Risk Management
Digital Marketing in Sport – 3 ECTS
- The digital revolution and its impact on the sports industry
- Digital strategy. Much more than just marketing
- Contents and platforms. The power of social networks to create fan engagement
- From content generation to monetisation
- Designing a Digital Marketing Plan
- How do we implement our Plan?
QUALIFICATIONSpecialized Diploma in Sport Tourism from Johan Cruyff Institute.
The Specialized Diploma in Sport Tourism puts you at the center of your education through a learning by doing methodology. We encourage collaborative work and transfer the content to specific situations in sport marketing and sponsorship (connective teaching methodologies and social constructivism). Our faculty of expert professors and tutors will guide you in the learning process, providing high quality training combined with the flexibility of online study.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGThe academic team will support you throughout the program, helping you to expand your knowledge and keep pace with the program requirements and content. For each module, you will have one or two professors, depending on the particular module, and they will give you support so you are able to achieve the learning objectives. You will also have the support of a coordinator who will monitor your performance and learning throughout the academic program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Specialized Diploma in Sport Tourism, you will have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between teachers and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.