In increasingly competitive markets, sport marketing has become an area of high impact for business success. As a result, the education of professionals in this sector is growing due to the demand for sport marketing specialists, both in business companies as in sport foundations, associations, federations and organizations.
This Postgraduate Diploma provides you with the appropriate tools and knowledge for your development as a sport marketing professional.
The main objective of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing is to prepare you to be a sport marketing professional and educate you in the proper use of marketing management tools, sports operations and financial management applied to sport.
- To understand, analyze and implement marketing strategies, development strategies, launching and positioning of new products.
- To make decisions in relation to the components of product, price, distribution and communication.
- To understand the qualitative and quantitative analysis and diagnostics tools for sport market research.
- To understand, analyze and assess the role of digital communities and social media in sport organizations.
- To interpret financial statements of a sports organization.
- To optimize the management of a facility and sporting event.
You have the option of studying the modules separately as short, specialized courses. This way, you can earn credits to obtain the postgraduate diploma.
You can also obtain the Master of Sport Management (60 ECTS) by completing this program, the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (32 ECTS, in any modality), an elective module and the Master’s final project within a maximum period of 3 years from the start of the first module.
And you can obtain the Master of Sport Marketing & Sponsorship (60 ECTS) by completing this program, the Postgraduate Diploma in Sponsorship (27 ECTS, online), an elective module and the Master’s final project within a maximum period of 3 years from the start of the first module.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing at the Johan Cruyff Institute is right for you if:
- You are an (ex-) athlete looking for training and certification in sport marketing to give your career a boost.
- You are working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to specialize in sport marketing.
- You want to complete your education with a specialized postgraduate program in sport marketing.
Those who have completed this postgraduate program are currently working in the areas of:
- Sport Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies)
- Advertising and Product Branding (advertising agencies and media agencies)
- Sports Competition (professional sports clubs and event organizers)
- Leadership and Management (federations, sports associations, NGOs and foundations)
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives)
- Sports Journalism (media agencies and mass media)
To be admitted, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent, or
- Have at least 3 years of experience in the field of marketing and/or sponsorship, in sport management,
- Have developed a career as a professional athlete.
Please complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. Your form will be submitted to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate if your achievements as well as your aspirations and motivations in pursuing this degree, are in line with the objectives of the program. The admission procedure may include a personal interview with the program manager. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The program consists of 3 modules that cover all key areas of sport marketing. Each module has a number of teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- Marketing vs. sport marketing
- Principles of marketing
- Sports market research
- Consumer behavior
- Sports marketing strategies and plans
- International sport marketing
- Brand development
- Advertising and communication in sports
- The future of sports
ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
- Interpretation of financial reports
- Analysis of financial statements
- Pricing and sales strategy
- Indebtedness, performance and profitability
- Financial strategy
- Stocks, outsourcing & risk management
Subject 1: Event management – 8 ECTS
- Event organization
- Event assessment
- Economic balance of an event
Subject 2: Facility management – 7 ECTS
- Facility management
- Financial budget of a facility
- Facility assessment
- The tender procedure
- Risk management
- Volunteer management
Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing puts you at the center of your education through a learning by doing methodology. We encourage collaborative work and transfer the content to specific situations in sport marketing and sponsorship (connective teaching methodologies and social constructivism). Our faculty of expert professors and tutors will guide you in the learning process, providing high quality training combined with the flexibility of online study.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The teachers of the Johan Cruyff Institute are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUS As a student of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between professors, tutors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
ALUMNI AND NETWORKINGThe Johan Cruyff Institute gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students, alumni and members of our global network, and share your passion for sport and professional experience with them. We promote and facilitate continuous training. Our community is in this sense, a network of social and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sport and business sectors.
CORPORATE INTERNSHIPSOur Corporate Training Program is a natural result of the Johan Cruyff Institute’s global network. The practices are an enriching learning experience for both organizations and students. They contribute to the company’s professional development, and offer students the opportunity to access businesses related to sports, to live the reality of a sports organization and acquire new practical skills and knowledge.
CAREER SERVICESThe Johan Cruyff Institute allows a bridge between potential candidates and the corporate sector involved in sports. Organizations and companies in the sports sector that have vacancies contact us looking for “sports-minded” candidates. The Johan Cruyff Institute selects qualified contacts within our network profiles. Employment opportunities and new projects in the sports sector are also announced through our various channels.
- Academic degree: Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 6 months. 27 ECTS (weekly commitment of 10-12 hours)
- Start: September 18, 2017
- Modality: Online. Also available blended in Barcelona (Spanish)
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 3,875.- Euros
- Payment methods: Payment by installments available
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the program
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.