- Degree: Certificate for the Course in Governance in Sport from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 5 weeks. 3 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours)
- Start: June 15th, 2021
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 646.-
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
Sport governance refers to the exercise of power, with consideration given to influence, authority, and the nature of decision making.
Governance can occur at the local, state, national, and international levels. The main idea of this course is to provide the basics of these aspects and further explain the importance of sport within different social & political frameworks.
The main objective of the Course in Sport Governance Online is to give students a deep knowledge of the role of sport within different social and political frameworks through theory and practical cases.
- Analyzing the historical, geopolitical, socio-economical, cultural and philosophical dimensions of sport and its place in our societies
- Strategically understanding the new perspectives across a variety of sectors, mapping of key actors, typology of games and definition of sport
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport governance.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You are an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in the area of sport law.
- You are working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of the overall sport governance concept.
In order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 3 credits (ECTS), distributed over 5 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- Typologies of sports/games; what makes football & sport so unique; its key features.
- Sport and globalization/imperialism/transculturation.
- Liturgy and rituals of football, sport and politics, propaganda, protests, contestation and soft power; the quest for identity/statehood.
- The sport governing bodies including FIFA as actors of international relations as well as countermodels.
- Football for good; The Sport for development (S4D) main principles and practical realizations; presentation of select grassroots and elite initiatives.
- The sustainability agenda in sport (with special focus on football) and the UN SDGs; the greening of mega sporting events etc.
Certificate for the Course in Governance in Sport Online from Johan Cruyff Institute.
The program will have a professor assigned to it, who will organise the course and share instructions. The professor is responsible for supporting the student throughout the training process and monitoring their progress on the program.
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
As a student of the Course in Governance in Sport, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTE
Johan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.