- Degree: Certificate for the Course in Sport Law Online from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 5 weeks. 3 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours)
- Start: June 15th, 2021
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 646.-
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
The world of sport is currently a hyper professionalized and globalized world that requires that those who participate in it to have the tools and knowledge to manage the different scenarios in which they may find themselves in.
The world of Sports Law helps to prevent such problems and to provide solutions when the problems appear. Students can immerse themselves in the main elements, conflicts and solutions that professionals in this sector face daily.
The main objective of the Course in Sport Law Online is to give participants an understanding of the international sports law and the main elements, conflicts and solutions that professionals in this sector face daily.
To acquire basic knowledge of international sports law in contractual matters, disciplinary procedures before international federations (FIFA, World Athletics, ITF, etc.), confederations (UEFA, CONMEBOL, AFC etc.), doping procedures and arbitration procedures before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (TAS) or the Basketball Arbitration Tribunal (BAT). Ultimately, paying special attention to football as it is the prevalent industry in the sports world.
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport law.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You are an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in the area of sport law.
- You are working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of the overall sport law concept.
In order to take this course it’s recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has 3 credits (ECTS), distributed over 5 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- Organization of sports entities
- Hiring of professional athletes, practical aspects
- FIFA transfers, solidarity, training minors and intermediaries in the world of football
- Disciplinary procedures, ethics and good governance
- Doping procedures
- Alternative dispute resolution systems before the federations and arbitration tribunals
Certificate for the Course in Sport Law Online from Johan Cruyff Institute.
TUTORINGThe program will have a professor assigned to it, who will organise the course and share instructions. The professor is responsible for supporting the student throughout the training process and monitoring their progress on the program.
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
As a student of the Course in Sport Law in Sport, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTE
Johan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.