The Master in Sport Management blended is a 10 month program that delves into the most important aspects of management applied to sport.
Classes with expert faculty and closely linked to sport, are combined with Master Classes with exclusive speakers from the world of direction and sport management, outdoor visits (field trips) and a study trip that will enrich the experience you’ll have in Barcelona with your classmates, broadening your network of contacts in the world of sport. In addition, each module of the Master will have some hours online.
The main objective of the Master in Sport Management is to guide you in your development as an integrated professional of sport management and train you in the use of management tools to recognize business opportunities, establish strategies, anticipate changes, optimize resources and analyze information with sound judgement.
- Understand and apply strategic, global and objective vision to the sports industry from a business perspective.
- Create new market opportunities by applying an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture inclined towards innovation in sport organizations.
- Use the most innovative practices in sport marketing and be more effective in brand strategy and sponsorship execution.
- Detect the key factors to lead professional teams and obtain the best results.
- Interpret the financial statements of a sports organization and create financial strategies for new products and businesses.
- Optimize the management of a sport facility and sport event.
You have the option of studying the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management (32 ECTS) and the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS), or you can take modules of the Master separately as specialized courses. This way, you can earn credits towards obtaining the Master degree in a maximum period of 3 years from the start of the first module.
The Master in Sport Management is right for you, if:
- You’re an (ex) athlete looking for education and a degree in sport management to give your professional career a boost.
- You’re working in a business environment and want to specialize in the sports industry.
- You wish to complete your education with a postgraduate degree specializing in administration and sport management.
- You’re a working professional who wishes to focus your career in an industry linked to sport.
People who have completed this Master are currently working in the areas of:
- Sports Competition (professional sports teams and event organizers).
- Governance (sports federations and associations).
- Sports Facilities and Events (championship organizers, sports clubs).
- Community Sports (foundations, government, municipalities).
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives).
- Sports Journalism (media).
- Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies).
To be eligible for admission, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, undergraduate diploma or the equivalent.
- Have at least 3 years experience in the area of sport management.
- Have developed a career as a professional athlete.
Note: It is advisable to have basic knowledge of the English language.
Please complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. Your form will be submitted to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate if your achievements as well as your aspirations and motivations in pursuing this degree, are in line with the objectives of the program. The admission procedure may include a personal interview with the program manager. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The study plan for the Master in Sport Management is comprised of 5 compulsory modules and a specialization module with elective subjects in Digital Marketing and Sports Sponsorship. The Master is completed with the presentation of the final project which is a business plan or research project. The on campus classes will be held Fridays 15.30 – 20.30.
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT OF SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
- The definition of strategy
- Strategic planning
- Analysis of the sector
- Management strategies
- Company vision based on resources
- Creating sustainable competitive advantage
- Marketing vs. Sports marketing
- Principles of marketing
- Sports market investigation
- Consumer behavior
- Sports marketing strategies and plans
- International sport marketing
- Brand development
- Advertising and communication in sports
- The future of sport
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
- Interpretation of financial reports
- Analysis of financial statements
- Company investment and assessment
- Pricing and sales strategy
- Indebtness, performance and profitability
- Financial strategy
- Stocks, outsourcing & risk management
- Financial and capital planning
MANAGEMENT, INNOVATION AND LEADERSHIP IN SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
- Innovative businesses
- Management and creation of value model
- Project management
- Leadership styles
- People and process management
- Talent development
- Expanding business: generation of change
- Social entrepreneurship
Event Management – 7 ECTS
- Event organization
- Event evaluation
- Economic balance of an event
Facility Management – 7 ECTS
- Management of a facility
- Economic budget of a facility
- Facility evaluation
- The tender procedure
- Risk management
- Volunteer management
- Digital Marketing
- Sport Marketing & Sponsorship
- Business plan or research work
The program includes visits to sports facilities and entities (such as Centre d’Alt Rendiment (CAR), FC Barcelona, Club Joventut Badalona and Circuit de Catalunya.
Master in Sport Management of the Johan Cruyff Institute.
The Master in Sport Management puts you at the center of your education. You will enjoy learning based on a learning-by-doing methodology. We encourage collaborative work and transfer the content to specific situations in sport management (connective teaching methodologies and social constructivism). Our staff of expert faculty will guide you in the learning process, providing high quality training with the flexibility of online study.
- Learning 3.0: Flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: Interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: Training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: Designed for professional improvement.
||Víctor Jordán VallverdúDegree in History. University of Barcelona. Associate professor of TecnoCampus Mataró (UPF) and UOC. Training for teachers at institutes, councils and universities on the use and application of ICT tools in the education sector. Consultant by Google Inc. for the implementation of Google Apps Education educational tool.|
||Dra. Núria MasferrerPh.D in Economics and Business from the University of Barcelona. Member of the Research Group of Economics and Uncertainty Management from UB, credited as an emerging research group by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the CEO group of the School of Maresme -UPF. Specialization in Business Financing.|
||Dr. Josep Torres PrunyonosaDoctor in Actuarial and Financial Sciences. Master in Equity Markets and Derivatives. Specialist in banking, rating of sporting bodies and ethics in finance. Associate Professor of EAE Business School, Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) and EUNCET.|
||David HidalgoDegree in Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). Master in Business Administration (ESADE Business School). International MBA Program Canada (Schulich School of Business, York University). Human Resources Executive Program, USA (Cornell University), General Directorate Program (IESE Business School). Corporate Director, Soldeu Ski Resort – Granvalira.|
||Óscar GarcíaBachelor of Science in Physical and Sport Activity at INEFC Barcelona. Master’s in Public Management from the University Pompeu Fabra (UPF), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) and ESADE. Director of Atlas Sport Consulting.|
||Raúl CiprésAssociate professor at Blaquerna (URL), EAE Business School, TecnoCampus Mataró (UPF). Partner at CreativiaLab. Managing Partner at InfinitC (Mexico City, Caracas and Lisbon). Member of the Board of Directors of Club Joventut Badalona. He has been the Marketing Director of Real Club Deportivo Espanyol and Real Club de Polo de Barcelona, among others.|
||Joan CelmaDegree in Economics and Business, Universitat Barcelona (UB), and in Geography and History, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). He has worked as General Manager at IAL Sport management and Club Natació Terrassa and he is currently working as International Manager at Sportise International.|
||Marc CaballéDiploma in Physical Science and Bachelor of Science in Physical Activity and Sport (UB). Events Management and Sports Management Undergraduate (UAB). Professor of Sports Management and Sports Organization at Blanquerna and Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). Sporting Events Organization Consultant. CEO and founder of Sports and Neda el Món.|
||Cinto AjramBachelor of Economics (UB), Master in Financial Markets (UPF), PDD Certificate, Hedge funds and alternative investments (IEF) and Superior Sports Marketing Program (ESIC). Teaching partner in ESIC Business & Marketing School, editor in Unisport Universitas, Sponsorship Manager and Trade Marketing at Zurich Insurance Company Ltd.|
||Yolanda TarangoIndustrial Engineer. Superior School of Industrial Engineering of Terrassa. Member – Director (design products and services) for the company DOBAJU, SL (Health management). Associate professor of UAB and Barcelona Activa among others. She was CEO of Management Services and Solutions for Corporations, Businesses and Individuals, SL (UNNIM Group).|
||Dr. Marc BernardichPh.D in Creation, Direction and Management of SMEs, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona. Head of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University Foundation of Bages. Executive Director of Basketball Manresa SAE. CEO Neòfit. Has his own consulting company that does creation and conceptualization of New Innovative Projects.|
||Jordi GibertEngineer & MBA, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC). Diploma in Sports Management (BRAFA, DIBA). Consultant & Professor, Blanquerna Department, Universitat Ramon Llull. Former professional handball player, F.C. Barcelona.|
||Rosaura AlastrueyDegree in Information Science, Autonomous University of Barcelona. Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Marketing. Founder and Director of ProyectosTIC, a professional networking company. Associate Professor of ESADE, EADA and CAR (among others).|
|Juan Andrés Hernández|
VIRTUAL CAMPUSOnline learning takes place in an Open Campus environment through our virtual learning platform based on a learning by doing methodology, using exercises, case studies and projects. The virtual campus provides an environment rich in learning tools to encourage study and the use of the online library, chats, web links, self-assessment tests, video library, master classes etc. It allows you to monitor your own academic progress from anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
The platform has been designed so you can comfortably navigate through the various areas and enjoy the offers that most interest or adapt to the needs of alumni at any given time. In the Learning Area, you will find resources that will allow you to keep up with the latest trends in the sector, participate in our webinars or access pre-recorded academic sessions, as well as many other resources.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute platform’s Networking section provides a meeting point for alumni to get in touch, share experiences, network, discuss ideas and create positive synergies for the benefit of all. Those who play in this ‘League’ will enjoy the Cruyff Alumni Club, where all Alumni members (organized by center) will have at their disposal numerous academic and leisure activities and events organized in the different countries.
In a later stage, the Alumni Cruyff Institute will offer platform members support in managing their professional development through the Career Services section (job offers and internships). There will also soon be the Cruyff Alumni Shop, an online store where you can purchase official Johan Cruyff Institute products exclusively.
CORPORATE INTERNSHIPSOur Corporate Training Program is the natural result of the global network of the Johan Cruyff Institute. The practices are an enriching learning experience for both organizations and for students. They contribute to the company’s professional development, and offer students the opportunity to access businesses related to sports live the reality of a sport organization and acquire new practical skills and knowledge.
CAREER SERVICESJohan Cruyff Institute allows a bridge between potential candidates and the corporate sector involved in sports. Organizations and companies in the sports sector with vacancies contact us when looking for sports-minded candidates. The Johan Cruyff Institute selects qualified contacts within our network profiles. Employment opportunities and new projects in the sports sector are also announced through our various channels.
JOB IN SPORTS PLATFORMJohan Cruyff Institute enables a bridge between potential candidates and the corporate sector involved in sports. Organizations and companies in the sports sector with vacancies contact us when looking for candidates that are “sports-minded”. The Johan Cruyff Institute selects and contacts qualified profiles within our network. Employment opportunities and new projects are also announced in the sports sector through our different channels.
Classes take place at Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona, located in the upper part of the city. The building, dating from the 20th century, offers a learning space with natural light and access to the garden to enjoy networking between sessions. The lectures will be held in a multipurpose SMART classroom which facilitates the agility and flexibility of the sessions.
- Degree: Master in Sport Management of the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 10 months. 60 ECTS (weekly dedication of 5 hours - on campus + 5-6 hours - online)
- Start: September 21, 2018
- End: June 2019
On campus classes: Friday from 3.30pm to 8.30pm
Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona
Pomaret 8, 08017 Barcelona
- Modality: Blended (in Barcelona).
- Language: Spanish
- Price: € 8,400.- Euros
- Payment methods: Payment by installments available
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the program. Limited seats available
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.