- Degree: Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Sponsorship from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 7 months. 30 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: February 17, 2020
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 4,400.- Euros
- Payment methods: Payment by installments available
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the program
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
The sports industry is a global business that shares passions and moves significant financial resources. Two conditions that make it unique when deciding to invest in sports sponsorship are a guarantee in conveying communication objectives and brand awareness with clear positioning. With the education of their professionals being a key factor of success, the sports sponsorship and patronage sector tends to greater professionalism.
This postgraduate Diploma in Sport Sponsorship provides you with the appropriate tools and knowledge necessary for your development as a sponsorship and patronage professional in the sports industry.
The objective of the program is to develop your skills to acquire an in depth understanding of the areas of sponsorship and patronage. It offers strategic tools and specialized know how for your role as a sponsorship professional.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Sponsorship is designed to address strategic topics in creative industries, analyze effectively product management, and develop analytical and decision-making techniques from a global perspective.
- To understand the operating environment of sport organizations, functional areas and analytical tools.
- To understand, analyze, and implement sponsorship and patronage strategies.
- To understand qualitative and quantitative analysis and diagnostic tools for market research.
- To understand and apply the conversion of ideas to business in today’s market.
- Entrepreneurship of business projects; To apply innovative, creative and social ideas.
- To understand the basic digital marketing tools.
- To interpret the financial statements of sport organizations.
- To understand and apply adaptations to new situations and resolutions in globalized contexts.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Sponsorship from the Johan Cruyff Institute is for you if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete and are looking for specialized education in sports sponsorship to give your career a boost.
- You’re working in a marketing and/or sport management environment and want to deepen your knowledge in sponsorship and patronage.
- You wish to complete your education with a specialized postgraduate program in sport sponsorship and patronage applied to sport.
Those who have completed this Postgraduate program are currently working in:
- Sport Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies)
- Advertising and Brand Development (advertising agencies and media agencies)
- Sports Competition (professional sports clubs and event organizers)
- Leadership and Management (federations, sports associations, NGOs and foundations)
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives)
- Sports Journalism (media agencies and mass media)
To be admitted, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in the field of marketing and/or sponsorship, OR
- Have developed a career as a professional athlete.
Please complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. Your form will be submitted to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate if your achievements as well as your aspirations and motivations in pursuing this degree, are in line with the objectives of the program. The admission procedure may include a personal interview with the program manager. After sending the form, one of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Sponsorship Online is composed of an introductory module, mandatory modules and elective modules. The mandatory modules are divided into foundation modules (Core) and specialization modules (Advanced), linked to this specific program.
Within the elective modules you will have to choose 1 foundation module (Elective Core) and take the Elective Advanced.
|Total Mandatory Credits 24||Total Elective Credits 6|
|18 ECTS (Mandatory Core)||3 ECTS (Elective Core)|
|6 ECTS (Mandatory Elective)||3 ECTS (Elective Advanced)|
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Sponsorship puts you at the center of your education through a learning by doing methodology. We encourage collaborative work and transfer the content to specific situations in sport marketing and sponsorship (connective teaching methodologies and social constructivism). Our faculty of expert professors and tutors will guide you in the learning process, providing high quality training combined with the flexibility of online study.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Sponsorship you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between professors, tutors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
ALUMNI AND NETWORKINGThe Johan Cruyff Institute gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students, alumni and members of our global network, and share your passion for sport and professional experience with them. We promote and facilitate continuous training. Our community is in this sense, a network of social and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sport and business sectors.
CORPORATE INTERNSHIPSOur Corporate Training Program is a natural result of the Johan Cruyff Institute’s global network. The practices are an enriching learning experience for both organizations and students. They contribute to the company’s professional development, and offer students the opportunity to access businesses related to sports, to live the reality of a sports organization and acquire new practical skills and knowledge.
CAREER SERVICES The Johan Cruyff Institute allows a bridge between potential candidates and the corporate sector involved in sports. Organizations and companies in the sports sector that have vacancies contact us looking for “sports-minded” candidates. The Johan Cruyff Institute selects qualified contacts within our network profiles. Employment opportunities and new projects in the sports sector are also announced through our various channels.