A new academic year starts at the Johan Cruyff Institute with a clear consolidation of the international community, both in Amsterdam and Barcelona, and in the online modality
With the arrival of September the Johan Cruyff Institute starts a new academic year with a clear consolidation of the international community. At the Amsterdam campus 41% of students of the Master in Sports Management will be from outside the Netherlands, representing countries such as France, South Korea, Morocco, Italy, Greece, Germany and Great Britain. Of the Dutch students also joining the classroom, 69% are men and 31% women, with an average age of 30. The group involved in the business sector of the sports world (38%) is somewhat higher than the group of professional athletes (28%).
The international community is even larger in the Barcelona campus, where this month the Master in Sports Management on-campus and the Master in Sports Management blended are being launched. The Spanish students will be joined by students with 13 other nationalities (66% of the class). The average age is 28, with 88% men and 12% women. Nearly 88% are professionals in the sector, and the remaining 12% are athletes.
For 2016, we maintain agreements with associated entities that continue to support the training of their own staff or athletes through the provision of scholarships. In the case of Barcelona, it is the CAR of Sant Cugat, the Real Club de Polo, Joventut Badalona and two newspapers, El Periodico de Catalunya and Diario Sport. In the Netherlands, this kind of collaboration continues with companies such as Aegon, the Cruyff Foundation, ORTEC Sports, Telesport and Unilever.
The diversity that distinguishes the Johan Cruyff Institute is also reflected in its online programs on offer. The profile of a student choosing to study remotely is a man (99%) with an average age of 34. In our virtual campus, this year’s students are from 20 different countries – Argentina, Finland, China, Egypt, Austria, Germany, Malaysia, Cyprus and the Maldives, to name a few – of which 4% are professional athletes and 85% professionals from the sports sector.
In this interview, a student tells us the reasons that led him to pack his bags to devote 10 months of his life studying away from home and facing what he describes as “a total life experience”.
Master and Postgraduate programs on offer
- Master in Sports Management (on campus) – Amsterdam
- Master in Sports Management (online)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sports Management (online)
- Master in Sports Management (on campus) – Barcelona
- Master in Sports Management (blended) – Barcelona
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sports Management (on campus) – Barcelona
- Master in Sports Marketing and Sponsorship (online)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sports Marketing (online)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sponsorship (online)
- Master in Sports Marketing and Sponsorship (blended) – Barcelona
- Postgraduate in Sports Marketing (on campus) – Barcelona