- Qualification: Certificate for the Course in Branding in Football from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 5 weeks. 3 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10 hours)
- Start: March 19, 2024
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 658.- (Fees for the academic year 2023-24)
- Special conditions: Discount for members of partner entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
Brands have a strategic role within organizations in general and the transformation of the sports industry is making it gain more and more relevance within the sports sector. A sports brand is one of the most relevant assets of a sports organization, the pillar on which its business (sponsorship, merchandising sales, licenses, content, etc.) and communication (campaigns, corporate communication, public relations, etc.) are built.
The objective of the Course in Branding in Football is to get to know and understand the strategic role that branding plays in football. Students will learn about the different phases of analysis, definition, creation, activation and measurement of how a brand works. We will also see how it is created and managed.
- Acquire a vision of the strategic role of a brand.
- Understand the main concepts of branding and be able to put them into practice.
- Understand the process of creating a brand and the elements that compose it.
- Know the main strategies for communicating and activating a brand.
- Become familiar with key branding management tools.
The program is aimed at those who wish to complement their education with a specialized course in branding.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You are an (ex-)athlete who wants to receive specialized education in branding.
- You are working or want to work in the sports industry and want to gain a better understanding of branding in sports organizations.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSIn order to take this course it is recommended to have some knowledge of sport management or sport marketing.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Once we have confirmed payment, our academic department will contact you.
The program has three credits (ECTS), distributed over five weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one includes a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
TRANSFORMATION OF THE SPORTS SECTOR
The strategic importance of branding
- Typology of sports brands
- Change of business model: transformation, digitalization, internationalization
- The role and importance of the sports brand
Phases of brand creation
- Brand analysis and diagnosis
- Brand definition
- Brand creation
- Brand activation
- Brand management and control tools
- KPIs and measurement tools
Certificate for the Course in Branding in Football from Johan Cruyff Institute.
TUTORINGThe program will have a professor assigned to it, who will organise the course and share instructions. The professor is responsible for supporting the student throughout the training process and monitoring their progress on the program.
- E-mail: students will receive a reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The Johan Cruyff Institute teachers are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Course in Branding in Football, you’ll have exclusive access to the learning platform that will allow you to track your academic progress 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus provides a collaborative environment between professors and students facilitating e-mails, chats, videos, books articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You’ll have a wide range of tools at your disposal so your learning experience can be interactive, enriching and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTEJohan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.