- Degree: Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship of the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 13 months. 60 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: September 16, 2019
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 7,800.- + € 100.- Admission Fee (The Admission Fee must be completed to start the admission process. This fee will be discounted from the last installment. If not admitted or enrolled, the admission fee will not be reimbursed).
- Payment methods: Payment by installments available
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the program
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
In markets that are becoming increasingly more competitive, sport marketing and sponsorship have become high impact areas for business success. Consequently, the training of professionals is growing as a demand for specialists in the whole sport marketing cycle, both in business companies as well as in sport foundations, associations, federations and organizations.
This Master is a demanding, rigorous and multidimensional program that delves into key marketing and sponsorship issues applied to sport.
The main objective of the Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship is to guide you in your professional development as an integral sport marketing and sponsorship professional, and teach you how to use marketing tools applied to sports to recognize business opportunities, develop strategies in creative industries, anticipate changes, and optimize and analyze information resources judiciously.
- To know the operating environment of sport organizations, functional areas and analytical tools.
- To understand, analyze and implement marketing and sponsorship strategies, development strategies, and the launching and positioning of new products.
- To make decisions relating to product, price, distribution and communication components.
- To understand the qualitative and quantitative analysis and diagnostic tools for sports market research.
- To understand, analyze and assess the role of digital communities and social media in sport organizations.
- To analyze and evaluate marketing strategies for the internationalization of sports activities.
- To use technological tools for the exploitation of business resources through sport marketing.
You have the option of studying the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS) and the Postgraduate Diploma in Sponsorship (27 ECTS), or you can take modules of the Master separately as specialized courses. This way, you can earn credits towards obtaining the Master degree in a maximum period of 3 years from the start of the first module.
The Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship of the Johan Cruyff Institute is suitable for you, if:
- You are an (ex-) athlete and are looking for specialized education in marketing and sponsorship to give your professional career a boost.
- You work in Marketing and want to deepen your experience and knowledge in marketing and sponsorship applied to sport.
- You wish to complete your training with a specialized postgraduate degree in sport marketing and sponsorship to create a future for yourself within the sports industry.
People who have completed this Master are currently working in the following areas:
- Sport Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies)
- Advertising and Branding (advertising agencies and media agencies)
- Sports Competition (professional sports clubs and event organization)
- Leadership and Management (federations, sports associations, NGOs and foundations)
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives)
- Sports Journalism (media agencies and media)
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSTo be admitted, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in the field of marketing and/or sponsorship.
- Have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. Your form will be submitted to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate if your achievements as well as your aspirations and motivations in pursuing this degree, are in line with the objectives of the program. The admission procedure may include a personal interview with the program manager. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The curriculum of the Master in Sport Marketing and Sponsorship consists of 8 mandatory modules and an optional instructional module. Each module has a number of teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases. The Master is finalized with the completion of a final project that involves developing the marketing and sponsorship plan of an organization.
- Introduction to sport marketing
- Defending the marketing strategy: differentiation
- Marketing segmentation, targets, positioning and value proposal
- Brand design and marketing
- Operational marketing: objectives
- Development and management of products/services in sports organisation
- Price, Distribution and Communication policies
- Marketing and communication 2.0 and social media
- Marketing plan
ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
- Finances and Sport Management
- Interpretation of financial reports
- Analysis of financial statements
SPORT FACILITY MANAGEMENT1) URBAN PLANNING OF SPORT FACILITIES
- Sports facilities plans
- Strategic thought in relation to the role sports facilities play in a local sports system
- Functional aspects in the design of a sports facility
2) MANAGEMENT MODELS
- Types and management models for sports facilities
- Factors that affect the sports facilities feasibility
- Types and management models for sports facilities from professional sport
3) MANAGEMENT PLAN OF A SPORTS FACILITY
- Potential demand and activities offer analysis
- Organizational structure of a sports facility
- Management of human resources
- Maintenance management
- Communication and commercialization plan
- Economic and financial study
SPORT EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Event types
- Organization models
- Event phases
- Economic management
- Event marketing
- Personnel and Volunteers
- Risk Management
- Introduction to sponsorship
- Sponsorship values and principles
- Framework in relation to stakeholders
- Determining factors in sponsorship
- Corporate social responsibility in sponsorship
- Sponsorship marketing and communication strategy
- Sponsorship types
- Sponsorship objectives
- Third sector sponsorship
- Sponsorship and technology
- Own event sponsorship
- Historic Milestone Sponsorship
- Media in sponsorship
SPONSORSHIP FROM ENTITIES, BRANDS, AGENCIES AND MEDIA
- Win-win relationship between entities and brands
- The role of agencies in sponsorship
- Singular sponsorship: The media
- Social Media: a new agent, a new support
- Sponsorship’s legislative environment
- Developing a sponsorship program
SPONSORSHIP ACTIVATION AND ANALYSIS
- Sponsorship assets
- Resources and activation channels in sponsorship
- ATL / BTL / POP strategies
- Target audience objectives
- Measurement and empirical analysis concepts
- The effectiveness of communication and sponsorship
- Sample framework
- Notoriety in advertising and sponsorship
- Commercial return (ROI / ROO)
- Measurement techniques and metrics
- Analysis of results
- Patronage and its differences with Sponsorship
- Legal framework
- Fundraising and Crowdfunding
- Patronage and CSR
- Corporate Social Responsibility: applied to SMEs
- Digital marketing
MASTER FINAL PROJECT
- Development of a marketing and sponsorship plan
* The exercise of a professional activity related to sport marketing and sponsorship, facility management, event organization, sponsorship, etc, can be recognized as elective credits.
ACADEMIC DEGREEMaster in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship of the Johan Cruyff Institute.
The Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship puts you at the center of your education through a learning by doing methodology. We encourage collaborative work and transfer the content to specific situations in sport marketing and sponsorship (connective teaching methodologies and social constructivism). Our faculty of expert professors and tutors will guide you in the learning process, providing high quality training combined with the flexibility of online study.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The teachers of the Johan Cruyff Institute are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship, you will have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between teachers and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
NETWORKING & ALUMNI CRUYFF INSTITUTE
Johan Cruyff Institute offers students, alumni, faculty and members of our network the opportunity to connect and collaborate, to share their passion for sports and their professional expertise.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute provides a means of interconnection that will enable the whole community not only to re-establish contact with fellow students, but also to create new links with people from the sports sector throughout the whole network who can offer new experiences and initiatives to keep growing in the profession.
The platform has been designed so you can comfortably navigate through the various areas and enjoy the offers that most interest or adapt to the needs of alumni at any given time. In the Learning Area, you will find resources that will allow you to keep up with the latest trends in the sector, participate in our webinars or access pre-recorded academic sessions, as well as many other resources.
The Alumni Cruyff Institute platform’s Networking section provides a meeting point for alumni to get in touch, share experiences, network, discuss ideas and create positive synergies for the benefit of all. Those who play in this ‘League’ will enjoy the Cruyff Alumni Club, where all Alumni members (organized by center) will have at their disposal numerous academic and leisure activities and events organized in the different countries.
In a later stage, the Alumni Cruyff Institute will offer platform members support in managing their professional development through the Career Services section (job offers and internships). There will also soon be the Cruyff Alumni Shop, an online store where you can purchase official Johan Cruyff Institute products exclusively.
CORPORATE INTERNSHIPSOur Corporate Training Program is a natural result of the Johan Cruyff Institute’s global network. The practices are an enriching learning experience for both organizations and students. They contribute to the company’s professional development, and offer students the opportunity to access businesses related to sports, to live the reality of a sports organization and acquire new practical skills and knowledge.
CAREER SERVICES The Johan Cruyff Institute allows a bridge between potential candidates and the corporate sector involved in sports. Organizations and companies in the sports sector that have vacancies contact us looking for “sports-minded” candidates. The Johan Cruyff Institute selects qualified contacts within our network profiles. Employment opportunities and new projects in the sports sector are also announced through our various channels.