In markets that are becoming increasingly more competitive, sport marketing and sponsorship have become high impact areas for business success. Consequently, the training of professionals is growing as a demand for specialists in the whole sport marketing cycle, both in business companies as well as in sport foundations, associations, federations and organizations.
This Master is a demanding, rigorous and multidimensional program that delves into key marketing and sponsorship issues applied to sport.
The main objective of the Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship is to guide you in your professional development as an integral sport marketing and sponsorship professional, and teach you how to use marketing tools applied to sports to recognize business opportunities, develop strategies in creative industries, anticipate changes, and optimize and analyze information resources judiciously.
- To know the operating environment of sport organizations, functional areas and analytical tools.
- To understand, analyze and implement marketing and sponsorship strategies, development strategies, and the launching and positioning of new products.
- To make decisions relating to product, price, distribution and communication components.
- To understand the qualitative and quantitative analysis and diagnostic tools for sports market research.
- To understand, analyze and assess the role of digital communities and social media in sport organizations.
- To analyze and evaluate marketing strategies for the internationalization of sports activities.
- To use technological tools for the exploitation of business resources through sport marketing.
You have the option of studying the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS) and the Postgraduate Diploma in Sponsorship (27 ECTS), or you can take modules of the Master separately as specialized courses. This way, you can earn credits towards obtaining the Master degree in a maximum period of 3 years from the start of the first module.
The Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship of the Johan Cruyff Institute is suitable for you, if:
- You are an (ex-) athlete and are looking for specialized education in marketing and sponsorship to give your professional career a boost.
- You work in Marketing and want to deepen your experience and knowledge in marketing and sponsorship applied to sport.
- You wish to complete your training with a specialized postgraduate degree in sport marketing and sponsorship to create a future for yourself within the sports industry.
People who have completed this Master are currently working in the following areas:
- Sport Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies)
- Advertising and Branding (advertising agencies and media agencies)
- Sports Competition (professional sports clubs and event organization)
- Leadership and Management (federations, sports associations, NGOs and foundations)
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives)
- Sports Journalism (media agencies and media)
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSTo be admitted, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in the field of marketing and/or sponsorship.
- Have developed a career as a professional athlete.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREPlease complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program. Your form will be submitted to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate if your achievements as well as your aspirations and motivations in pursuing this degree, are in line with the objectives of the program. The admission procedure may include a personal interview with the program manager. One of our academic consultants will contact you within 72 hours.
The curriculum of the Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship consists of 2 mandatory modules and an optional instructional module. Each module has a number of teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases. The Master is finalized with the completion of a final project that involves developing the marketing and sponsorship plan of an organization.
- Sports marketing tools and resources – 8 ECTS
- Management structures and assets in the sports industry – 7 ECTS
- Rights, venues and organizational platforms for sporting events – 8 ECTS
- Economic structure and sports business model – 4 ECTS
SPONSORSHIP & PATRONAGE
- Sponsorship/media strategy – 6 ECTS
- Sponsorship from property, brand, agency and media – 6 ECTS
- Tactics: implementation and sponsorship activation: Measurement and analysis – 6 ECTS
- Patronage – 5 ECTS
- Digital marketing
MASTER FINAL PROJECT
- Development of a marketing & sponsorship plan
* The exercise of a professional activity related to sport marketing and sponsorship, facility management, event organization, sponsorship, etc, can be recognized as elective credits.
ACADEMIC DEGREEMaster in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship of the Johan Cruyff Institute.
The Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship puts you at the center of your education through a learning by doing methodology. We encourage collaborative work and transfer the content to specific situations in sport marketing and sponsorship (connective teaching methodologies and social constructivism). Our faculty of expert professors and tutors will guide you in the learning process, providing high quality training combined with the flexibility of online study.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sports schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Personal tutoring for about 30 minutes, to be arranged weekly or bi-monthly.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sports-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sports industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
The teachers of the Johan Cruyff Institute are experts from the sports sector and combine research and consultancy with teaching. Through their experience and knowledge, they have developed a broad variety of cases and concepts to work with.
VIRTUAL CAMPUSAs a student of the Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship, you will have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between teachers and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
ALUMNI AND NETWORKING The Johan Cruyff Institute gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students, alumni and members of our global network, and share your passion for sport and professional experience with them. We promote and facilitate continuous academic training. Our community is in this sense, a social network of professional relationships, and its influence expands to the sports and business sectors.
CORPORATE INTERNSHIPSOur Corporate Training Program is a natural result of the Johan Cruyff Institute’s global network. The practices are an enriching learning experience for both organizations and students. They contribute to the company’s professional development, and offer students the opportunity to access businesses related to sports, to live the reality of a sports organization and acquire new practical skills and knowledge.
CAREER SERVICES The Johan Cruyff Institute allows a bridge between potential candidates and the corporate sector involved in sports. Organizations and companies in the sports sector that have vacancies contact us looking for “sports-minded” candidates. The Johan Cruyff Institute selects qualified contacts within our network profiles. Employment opportunities and new projects in the sports sector are also announced through our various channels.
- Academic degree: Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship of the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 13 months. 60 ECTS (weekly dedication of 10-12 hours)
- Start: September 18, 2017
- Modality: Online
- Language: English or Spanish
- Price: € 7,500.- Euros
- Payment methods: Payment by installments available
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the program
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.